Chapter // Thirty Six

Luke's POV
"Leave me the fuck alone! You guys are always in my business, and I'm sick of it!" I yell out to Calum, Michael, and Ashton. They've been yelling at me for the past thirty minutes, and I finally burst through. "You have to be kidding me, Luke. You literally have to be kidding us all," Mikey starts, "You're the lead singer of the band, and you're going to tell US to get out of your business?! Plus the fact that you're one of my best friends?!"
.
Michaels breathing incredibly fast, and his face is turning red. He starts pacing across the room and running his fingers through his hair. Before Calum or Ashton, or even I can respond he starts yelling again. "You know what? I'm not going to stay out of your business. I'm not going to give up on you, and you're going to get all this shit fixed. I'm sick of you doing this to us! Either you let us help, or you're out! Not fucking again!"
.
Ashton walks over to me and grabs my bowl out of my hand and puts it in his pocket as he steps back to where Calum is. I hear them whisper to each other. Probably about what to do with me. It's my fucking life. I can smoke if I want to. I can do drugs if I want to.
"I'll make the decision for you guys then. I quit." I say with all seriousness.
"Seriously, Luke? Man, Mikey was just kidding. We just want to help." Ashton says. I can tell he's disappointed.
"I know, but it's best for the band and me."
"No it isn't, Luke. Stop taking shit."
"Calum, I'm serious. I let everyone down so I have to leave everything behind."
"What are you going to do?" Mikey says looking at the ground.
"I don't know. I just need to get away."
I ran to my room and packed. I'm leaving this place. I let everyone down. The best thing for me is to leave and clear my mind.
.
Alex's POV (3:00 am)
.
I search through my moms medicine cabinet and try to find something useful. Something that'll make me forget everything else. I quietly grab a large bottle and put it in my sweatshirt, just in case my mom wakes up. I slowly walk out of the bathroom and try to walk up the stairs as quietly as possible.
.
I hear my phone ringing in my room, so I start to run up the stairs to stop the noise. I run into my room, throwing the bottle on my bed, and straight to my phone. There's a unrecognizable number across the screen. I pick my phone up and slide it to answer.
.
"Hello..?" I say cautiously and quietly. "Alex?! This is Katie, Ashton didn't want me to call you, but we need your help." Katie says yelling through her phone. She sounds like she's outside, because I am hear the wind blowing into the speaker. "Wait, what? What do you need help with?" I ask a little bit louder than the last time. "It's hard to explain, go to Central Park right now! We all need you!" Katie yells and hangs up.
.
Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I sit on my bed, taking the bottle of pills in my hand and reading the label. The bottle is filled with warning labels, and ways to take the pills safely, and it makes me more sure it'll do the trick. I hide it under my beds blankets and slide on some moccasins. Katie was yelling, and it made me nervous, so I rushed.
.
I ran out to my car without waking my mom, and quickly drove out of my driveway and starting to make my way to the park. God knows what's going on at the park, or why they're there this early in the morning. My heart stars to race as I get closer and closer to the park.
.
As I pull into the parking lot I see red and blue flashing lights on over two ambulances. I step in my gas and speed into the parking lot. I pull into a parking spot and run out of my car. I almost slide and fall on some ice, but I find my balance.
.
I see Katie wrapped in Ashton's arms, shivering. They're standing in the back of an open ambulance. I hear Calum and Mikey yelling at each other, but I can't see them. I run to Katie and see what's going on.
.
"You're here! Luke over dosed, and we found him here yelling your name in the snow. He said he won't go to the hospital unless you're with him." Katie said with her teeth chattering. I hesitate, and before I can open my mouth to say anything she lightly pushes me towards the stretcher that Luke is on in the ambulance.
.
I try to speak, but instead I just get inside the car. Luke is laying on a stretcher with his eyes closed. There's snowflakes still in his hair and eyelashes, and his cheeks are deep red. Just looking at him makes me feel how cold he has to be. I can't stop thinking about how he got here, or how long he's been out in the snow.
.
(A/N: lmao hi it's katie and sorry this took so long dang.. how's it going? 😂)