Chapter / / Twenty One

We pull apart from the kiss. It felt so right kissing him. I've never felt this way when I kissed Hunter. We stare at each other for a few seconds then Luke speaks, reconnecting our foreheads.

"You have no idea how long I have been waiting to do that." His voice gruff from crying and lack of oxygen, a smile slowly growing on his face. I let out a small chuckle pecking his lips again, loving the warmth it gives me.

"It's been along time since I felt this way. Luke I don't know everything yet but that kiss meant everything to me."

I grab his shirt pulling him to my lips.

"I can't lose you now. Not when I need you the most."

I lay my lips on his and we kiss again. This felt so right but it was wrong. I'm kissing a guy so passionately that I don't even know, but he knows everything about me. I'm kissing the guy of my dreams. I need him right now. Just him.

I pull away. I didn't want to stop, but we need to talk.

"Luke this is so wrong, I just "broke up" I guess you can say with my supposedly boyfriend. I shouldn't be kissing other guys, its just, its just that I'm so confused and I don't know what to think or who to believe and-"

I get cut off by a pair of lips slamming into mine, my hands wrapping around his neck. A soft moan comes from me, as his kisses trail down my neck. Sucking and nipping at the skin, leaving small hickeys everywhere. He pulls back earning a small whimper from me.

"I know your confused and I know you're hurt and scared, but all you need to know is I will always be here for you, and I will never hurt you the way Hunter did."

"I know. I believe you. I trust you more than anyone right now. Luke, I don't know what happened before but let's put it behind us. Let's start over. Let us be friends and start over. If we are meant to be we will be together again."

Luke leans into me for another kiss, but I back up and stops his lips with my hands. He opens his eyes and looks at me confused.

"Nobody can know right now, okay? Especial not my mom, but nobody else too. Everything seems to be turning upside down in my life, and everything's just a lie. Except for you, Luke. You're the only constant."

Luke's confusion goes away, as I let my hand down. He smiles and nods his head as he leans back in and connects our lips. If I were to look at my life right now I'd see a bunch of haze, but when I'd look at Luke I'd see him. Him as clear as ever, and everything else. I'd be able to see the look in his eyes he had when he looks at me, and if he were to look at me he'd probably see the same look.

I can't describe the feeling, since I've only known him for a couple weeks, but I feel like I've known him longer. I'm sure I have, but I haven't felt it with anyone else my mom has claimed that I've known for my whole life. Especially Hunter.

When I look at Hunter now all I see is lies and confusion. My mom says that I knew Luke, but she also said that I've known Hunter longer.

"You don't have to worry about me cheating on you, Alex. Ever." Luke smiles and looks into my eyes.

Luke's POV

This is my chance. This is my chance to redo everything, and start over. I know the whole year we spent together is thrown away, but I still have the memories. Now, I have a second chance to never let Veronica around me ever again, and a chance to have Alex forget everything about what happened that night.

She'll never have to know about that night when I completely fucked up, and she'll never feel the pain that she did then. She could be feeling the pain of Hunter cheating on her, but it can't be as bad as the night of the accident.

I mean, this time she did start a fight with Veronica.. Why did she fight her this time, but not the time it happened with me? Maybe she felt even worse this time.. Maybe this is even worse..

"What's wrong?" Alex says to me. I take a deep breath and lay down on my back as I stare up at the ceiling. Fuck. I overthought it. Now that I did I can't get it out of my head. Maybe she did have feelings for Hunter? Feelings she never had with me. I'm on the edge of tears when Alex sets her hand on my chest as she looks into my eyes.

"It's nothing. I'm just..so mad at Hunter. And Veronica. Both of them are making my stomach turn." I partially lie. They do make me sick. But so do I. I just lied about what's really getting to me.

I know if I ask her if she did have feelings for Hunter, or if she still does, but I know what she'll say. Regardless of the real answer she'll say no.

(YO THIS IS CARVER THIS WAS WRITTEN BY A FEW OF US SORRY ITS UP LATE THE GIRL THAT WRITE ON SUNDAY DROPPED THE GROUP AT THE LAST MINUTE SO WE WERE SCRAMBLING. NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE UP TODAY TOO. HAVE A GREAT DAY YOU GUYS!)