Chapter // Thirteen

A/n- FUN FACT 13 IS MY FAVORITe NUMBER AYEEE

I wipe the corner of my mouth, placing a fake smile on my face looking at Hunter. My mother decided to invite Hunter over for dinner, its been an hour and its been horribly boring. All that I can think about is what could happen at eight tonight, will he even show up? Should I even show up? As far as I know, Hunter is my boyfriend, I shouldn't go behind his back like this. But going could possibly reveal my past, which could change my future ultimately. Im still confused with my mother and Hunter, is Hunter really my boyfriend like my mother said, or is Luke my boyfriend like he said? Then again, why would my mother lie to me?

Why would Luke lie to you?

How am I supposed to know? Ive talked to the boy two times, how am I supposed trust him?

Stop lying to yourself stupid, you trust him.

Okay maybe I do but aren't I supposed to supposed to trust my mom and Hunter?

How long have you actually known Hunter?

Well I can only remember a few weeks because thats only how long I've been awake, but I'm sure we knew each other long than that and what if my mom isn't lying and we actually did date?

Could he tell you little facts about yourself and all about your past like Luke could?

No but he's nice and well smart?

Exactly. Do you even like Hunter?

Yes, no, yes, I mean he's nice and sweet and cute but he can be clingy at times, like a baby who needs it mother 24/7.

"Alex are you even listening?" My mother snaps at me. I instantly nod quickly pretending that I was listening, which resulted in her glaring at me and turning her attention back to Hunter. I check the time on my phone 7:22, instantly taylor swifts song 22 fills my mind and I start to smog it to myself before shaking my head back into reality.

I quickly excuse myself from the table putting my dishes in the sink and made my way to my room. I quickly change into black sweats and my beloved chestnut Uggs and a crop top sweater, throwing my hair up into a messy bun to much in a rush to care. I run down stairs, yelling out to my mom that I'm going on a walk and which she replies with an "okay love you stay safe." And safe safe as in 'don't get hit by a car again'.

I walk past the other houses, slowly making my way into the small town soon passing a small coffee shop.

make my way to the counter to see a very tall blonde haired boy standing behind the counter. As I get closer I can more details about him. Like how he has a lip ring on his bottom lip, and how his smile makes my heart skip a beat and makes me have to catch my breath. I've never seen him working here before, and I come here every single morning.

"How help can I-," he says as he fumbles his words, "I'm sorry.. I mean, how can I help you?"

He awkwardly laughs as he tries to ignore what just happened. I laugh along with him as look for my money that I had shoved in my pocket before leaving my room.

"I'd like a..uh.. a grande coffee. Black, and a slice of coffee cake. And a chocolate chai tea latte with a blueberry scone."

I say the last part with no hesitation, since I get it every morning. I never get sick of the order, but sometimes I think about ordering something new. I never actually decide to, but sometimes it crosses my mind. I smile back at the boy, as he nods and types in my order with a boyish smile across his face. I can see his hands slightly shake as he pushes the buttons on the counter. I slightly laugh, and the boy looks up at me. I bite down on my lip to make myself stop. He takes a deep breathe and tries to redeem himself and take the order.

"That'll be..$15.99- I mean, $15.55, sorry..this is my first day.."

"you have the most beautiful eyes" I whisper to myself, tears fill my eyes but I quickly wipe them away and continue to walk soon meeting the park. Finding the tall blonde very quickly, slouched down on the bench face lit up by the small phone in his hand.

I walk over to him, saying a quite hi but loud enough to catch his attention.

"Hey," He says, a smile slowly making his face, eyes lighting up. "You actually came, I thought you would have ditched me haha."

I accidentally let out a giggle, slapping my hand over my mouth cheeks heating up. I never giggle. Never. Not even with Hunter, his smiles get even bigger and his laugh a bit louder.

AN- HIIII ITS RACHEL/AND OR GINGY IDC BUT HI AND UHM HI I HOPE U LIKE thiS CHAPTER