Breaking the News

"Are you ready to go to breakfast?" Mom shouts from outside my door. "Coming." I yell back. I grab my purse and open my door.

Today we are going back to California but our flight doesn't leave until 11:30 so we are going to breakfast with Court, Coco, and Johnny.

We walk down and see court, coco, and Johnny at a table. So we walk over and take a seat.

"Are you guys ready to go home?" Justin asks. "Yeah. I love it here but it will be nice to be home." Court says. We all nod and agreement.

Soon the waiter comes over and takes our order. After we all order he takes our menus and walks away. And before we knew it our food was here.

Once were done its 10 so we go to our rooms and get our things to leave.  "you two got everything?" mom asks me and Justin. "yeah." I say while Justin nods his head. "ok well lets go." mom says and opens the door. We walk to the lobby to meet Court, Coco, and Johnny.

Once we get to the lobby we meet Court, Coco, and Johnny. We check out of the hotel and walk to our rental cars together. It is about a 40 minute drive to the airport from where we are.

After we return our rental cars and get through security its time to get on the plane. We all sit down in our seats and the plane takes off.

Its about 10 minutes into the flight. Me and Coco are listening to music when I see mom get up and run to the bathroom holding her hand over her mouth. "Is mom ok?" I turn around and ask Justin. Court and Johnny ask too. "I don't know" Justin says "but you know Jen, she gets nervous flying so that's probably why she got sick. " I nod and turn around. This isn't the first time mom has gotten sick on a plane. She just gets really nervous and it makes her sick sometimes.

Mom comes back a couple minutes later and sits down. "are you ok mom?" I ask as she gets comfortable. "yeah I think its just because I am nervous." mom says. I nod and listen to music with Coco again and wait to get back home.

"wake up mom! the flight is over." I say. Mom gets up and gets her things. But I notice that she looks sick. I remember that we are on a plane and she's probably just nervous, so I ignore it.

Mom, Justin, and I say goodbye to Court, Coco, And Johnny once we get out of the airport. We make our way to the car and drive back home. I text Meghan on the way.

M=Meghan N= Nicole
N= Guess who's back in CA!
M= Omg your back?!
N= yup.
M= so how was it?
N= It was fun! And guess who has a boyfriend.
M= you?!?
N= yeah
M=what's his name?
N= Adam.
M= Well call me later and tell me all about it.
N= ok bye
M= bye.

We get home 20 minutes later. We take our suit cases to our rooms and while I'm unpacking I hear Justin yell my name. "Yes" I scream from the hallway. "Me and your mom are going grocery shopping and we are going to pick up dinner while we are out.." Justin yells back. "Ok!" I yell. And soon after I hear the door shut.

While they are gone I just unpack my things and I play my music on the highest setting possible. About 45 minutes later they are back.

I run downstairs and stand in the doorway. "What did you get?" I ask. Mom looks at Justin with a straight face and he quickly covers for her. "Umm we just got the regular things. Like veggies and milk and stuff." Justin says. I nod my head and look at the bags. They are all from the same place except one. I can't read where it's from but the bag is different from all the others. Justin breaks the silence. "Nicole can you help me put away the groceries?" Justin asks. I nod and walk to the kitchen. When Justin walks in I notice the bag is gone and I hear mom run up the stairs.

Once we are done putting away the groceries we eat dinner. Dinner is mostly silent and no one says anything.

Once I'm done I go upstairs and think about everything that's going on. When all the sudden I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I listen closely so I can hear what's happening. I hear someone crying and I can't tell of its happy or sad. But then I hear "this is great! When can we tell Nicole?" And thats when I knew it was good news.

Soon after I hear footsteps go back down the stairs. I quietly open my door and sit at the top of the steps so I can hear. "We should tell her now." Mom says. I'm still completely confused as to what's going on. "Ok." Justin says. "NICOLE CAN YOU COME DOWNSTAIRS WE NEED TO TALK TO YOU!" Mom yells from downstairs. I sit there for a few seconds because I don't want them to notice that I was sitting on the stairs listening. Then I make my down the steps.

Mom and Justin are standing up in front of the couch. "What's up?" I ask as I sit in the couch. "We have big news that we need to tell you." Mom says. "What is it?" I ask. "I'm pregnant." Mom says with glossy eyes. "Awe congrats guys!" I say as I get up and hug them.

I start to get emotional too. I'm finally getting the family that I've always wanted. I would dream about having a brother or sister growing up. But when dad left that dream was put on hold for awhile, until mom met Justin."I love you guys!" I say as we release.