Meeting mom

Mom hasn't talked to Justin or me all week. Justin has tried to talk to her and just forget what happened. But she won't even answer her phone. This type of thing has never happened before with mom. It kind of brings me back to when I was little, when dad left. Mom would try to call, but dad wouldn't answer. And after awhile of trying, I was told that this was over and I wouldn't see him for a long time. And it was true.

But today I have to meet mom to film. And am I happy about it? No not at all.

Justin and Bella walk me to my plane. "Bye." I say to Justin and Bella. "Bye Nikky! Make sure you do what I told you!" Justin says. "I promise that I will. He nods and I walk to the plane. Justin waves and I wave back.

"And Justin! Don't give Bella a hard time." I yell as I go to my plane.

I take my seat and not long after, were in the air. I put my earbuds in, and fall asleep.

I wake up for the second time, to plane bouncing on the runway.

I follow the flight attendants instructions. Then we finally start to exit the plain.

I go to baggage claim and look for mom. I quickly find her and walk over to her.

"Hi Nicole!" Mom says as she hugs me. "So your not mad at me?" I ask. "Well. I'm still mad to you for not doing what I told you too. But I haven't seen you in a week! So I'm really missing you!" She says.

I'm about to ask her something, when she cuts me off.

"Are you ready to go to our hotel room so you can unpack?" Mom asks. I nod and we walk to the car.

The car ride is silent until mom speaks. "So how is Isabella doing. Did I miss any milestones?" Mom asks.

Does she really not want to know about Justin. Does she not miss him? She hasn't even asked about me! But she asks about Bella!

"No she's still the same crawling and crying 5 month old that she was before you left." I saw with irritation in my voice.

"What's wrong with you?" Mom asks. I don't answer because I don't want to argue with her. But mom is strong willed and obviously wants to know.

"Nicole! What?" She says a little louder. "Cut the crap mom! I know that your mad at me! So yell at me!" I say loudly.

"Nicole, I don't want to yell at you. You know that you did something wrong!" Mom yells. "Well Justin doesn't think that I did anything wrong." I mutter.

"Well Justin hasn't raised a child since birth until the age of 15. And done more than half of it alone. He doesn't know what's best for you. At all. He isn't a good dad." Mom raises her voice again. "Justin is a great dad! Maybe you don't see it. But I do. When he came into our lives. He would spend time with me. And watch me while you were gone. None of your other loser boyfriends gave a shit about me! They just wanted sex! And if you think he's so bad, why did you have a baby!" I yell.

The car gets silent. And we pull up to the hotel. Mom gets out and gives me my room key. It has my room number and everything on it.

She gets my stuff out for me and walks into the hotel. Leaving me alone.

Did she realize that she was wrong or what? I'm confused. But I promised Justin that I would call him when I got settled in so I walk to my room.

I open the door and it's really pretty inside. It's a teal color with black furniture. And I immediately fall in love with it.

I put my stuff away and pull out my laptop to call Justin.

Justin answers. "Hey. So how has it been with you and your mom?" Justin asks. I think he knows my faces because he immediately points out that we had an argument.

"What was it about?" Justin asks. "I was mad because she asked about Bella and didn't say anything about me or you. I knew that she wanted to yell at me because of what I did, so I told her to cut the crap and do it. Then I mentioned you and mom said that you weren't a good dad. I said that you were a great dad. Then I asked why she had a baby with you. And that kind of shut her up." I say.

"Then when we got to the hotel. She gave me my room key and other things I needed and left me." I say.

"Wow. She really thinks that I'm not a good dad?" Justin asks. "she was mad so I'm not sure. I'm sorry that she said that because that would of definitely made me mad and sad." I say. 

Justin sits in silence. "do you want me to let you go." I ask. "yeah that would be nice .I just need to think about this." Justin says. I nod and we said goodbye. I close my laptop and order room service because mom made it pretty clear that she didn't want to talk.

*Jens POV*

I lay down on my bed and think about what I said. And what my daughter said. And what she said was right . Justin is a great dad. He was a great father figure for Nicole when she was little. And he was the only one who actually gave a shit about her. And I trust Justin. We get in fights and disagree sometimes but that's normal. He might have a different view on the whole paparazzi problem. But it doesn't matter. I told Nicole what I expected from her from now on and hopefully it will get better. I want to call Justin, but I realize that its almost 2 in the morning here. And its kind of late back in California. So I decide to call him tomorrow. And hopefully things will get better with Nicole and I tomorrow. We do have to start filming tomorrow so it would be best if we were happy with each other.

I fall asleep with big hopes that things will get better tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the late update. School is killing me at the moment but hopefully the next update wont be as late. Anyways, thanks for reading. Love you guys