Happy Family

"What about Julia? I've always liked that." I say.

Mom and Justin want me to help pick out a names for the baby. We found out a couple weeks ago that the baby is a girl.

"I will never name my child Julia." Mom says laughing. "Why not? You wanted my help didn't you?" I say. "Horrible bosses, Doctor Julia, duh." Justin laughs."oh yeah. I don't want my sister to have the same name as her."I laugh. "And you would be the only one in this house that doesn't have a name that starts with a J." Mom says. " true. So that means no names that start with the letter J." I laugh.

I tell them the names I like and they write down the ones that they like out of the ones I tell them. But mom and Justin don't want to choose the name until the baby is born and they see what she looks like.

Justin goes in the attic and gets down all of my old baby stuff. Me and mom look through everything together.

"This is the cutest thing ever!" I say. I hold it up for mom to see. It's a panda onesie that has a hood on it. "Oh I remember that! You wore that on your first Halloween. You were only two months old." Mom says as she smiles. "Can we keep it?" I ask. "Oh course!" Mom says.

"Oh and we have to keep this onesie.!" I laugh. I hold it up and show it to mom. It says 'my daddy did my hair.' With a baby stick figure that has crazy hair. "Yes! That will probably be Justin." Mom laughs. I guess Justin hears his name because he walks in. "We found the perfect onesie for you." I laugh. He takes a look at it and laughs." You don't know how much I want to prove you two wrong but I honestly can't do girls hair." Justin laughs and we join in.

I hear the doorbell ring so I run downstairs and get it. And guess who it is. My one and only dad. The last person I want to see right now.

"What do you want?" I ask as I open the door. "I need to talk to your mom." He says. "NIKKY WHO IS IT?" Mom yells from the baby's room. "ITS DAD! HE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU." I yell. I let dad in and tell him to wait on the couch. "What Brad?" Mom says glaring at him as she walks down the stairs. Since we've had that fight I've been thinking. I'm sorry for what I said about the whole wedding thing. And I realized that it was wrong." Dad says. "It took you long enough." I mumble. Dad turns around and glares at me. "And I don't want to fight with you. I think it would be best if Nicole had both parents in her life. And we're supportive of each other"Dad says.

Even tho I don't want to admit it, I kind of miss him. He wants to be in my life and that's what I've wanted since he left. But he shouldn't of left us.

"Apology excepted." Mom sighs. Then mom looks at me. "Are you ok with this? We want you to be happy." Dad says. "If you wanted to make me happy you wouldn't of left." I mumble. "Nicole!" Mom says louder. "Jen it's ok." Dad says as he walks over to me and brings me into the kitchen.

"Nicole I'm sorry that I haven't been the best dad. But me and your mom are happier now. I'm sorry for everything that I've done wrong. But now I'm trying to connect with you again. And I want to make up for our lost time." Dad says. I stand there with a blank expression trying to take in what he just said. "I love you ladybug." Dad whispers. "I love you too dad." I say is a hug him.

This is what I've wanted from him. I want him to want to be involved. And this is the best he can do for me.

We walk out and I flash mom a smile to let her know that everything is good. "So do you want to spend more time with your dad Nicole?" Mom asks. I look at dad and smile. "Yes." 

Mom gives a slight smile. "Well I guess we will be seeing more of you." Mom says. "I guess so." Dad says as they hug each other. "And congratulations on your new baby." Dad says. "Aw thanks." Mom says.

Just then Justin finally walks downstairs. "What did I miss." Justin says as he walks downstairs. "A lot!" I laugh.

"Well I need to go but maybe you can start staying over again." Dad says. "Yeah. I would like that." I say with a smile. I give him a hug and mom gives him a hug and he leaves.

"Ok what happened?" Justin laughs. "Last time I checked you two didn't want to see him." Then me and mom explain what happened.

"Well Im happy that you both are happy." Justin says.

Mom goes upstairs to finish going through the baby clothes. Me and Justin decide that we want to bake cookies so we go to the kitchen.

We prep to make the cookies but I go to the bathroom before we start. When I walk out I get pelted with balls of wet floor. I run to the kitchen and make my own so I can get Justin back.

By the time I'm done I can't find Justin anywhere. I turn around and get pelted with more dough balls. Me and Justin get into a full on battle. Then mom walks down the stairs. "What the hell are you to doing?" Mom says as she walks down the stairs. Me and Justin both stop and look at her. "Nothing." We say holding our bowls behind our backs. Mom walks down and takes both of our bowls and starts to pelt us with our own dough balls.

"Now clean all of this up and make my cookies." She says laughing. "Ok queen Jen." Justin says laughing as he starts to clean up. And I go and help him.

I make the cookies while Justin makes dinner. We eat and spend the rest of the night together as a happy family.