Sixteen

Just a warning: this chapter changes points of view A LOT😂

*Jens POV*

Today is Nicole's 16th birthday and I really can't believe it. She's been with me for 16 years and for some reason that doesn't seem possible.

I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking of memories from Nicole's life. So I decide to get out of bed and look at pictures to remind myself of some of her childhood that I might of forgotten.

As I get out of bed I look over at the clock and notice that it's 3:00 in the morning which probably means no sleep for me. But whatever. Memories are more important to me.

I walk downstairs and grab the many photo albums that I have with pictures of Nicole and I.

I open the one that I have from when she was a baby and the first picture is of the positive pregnancy test that I took when I found out that I was pregnant with Nicole.

That's when my mind goes back to that exact moment.

*flashback*
I'm at home alone because Brad has a meeting today.

I missed my period last week and I have a feeling that I'm pregnant.

Brad and I have been married for about a year now and we have been trying for a baby. We did agree before that we weren't going to try until friends was over but we didn't want to wait that long, so we broke that agreement.

I know that I should probably wait for Brad to get home before I take a pregnancy test but I can't wait that long. He won't be back for 4 more hours.

So I decide to take one. I walk in the bathroom and follow each direction carefully. Then comes the part where I have to wait.

In the next 5 minutes I think about how much our lives are going to change if this test is positive.

The timer goes off so I come back in the bathroom and turn it off. As I pick up the stick, my body is filled with nervousness.

I finally build up the courage to look at it and the result is positive.

I'm so excited that I could literally scream. I take a few more, just to be sure. And those are positive too.

When Brad gets home, I hand him the tests and he starts to cry.

"We are really gonna have a baby?" He asks. I nod and start to cry with him. "I love you!" I say. "I love you too and our new little baby." Brad says as he puts his hand on my stomach and kisses me.

*end of flash back*

The next pictures are her ultrasound pictures. And pictures of my belly growing during each month.

Then I see the pictures of her when she was born. And that was probably one of the best days of my life.

*flashback*

I'm in the hospital getting ready to have my baby and I'm super nervous and stressed.

What if I'm not going to be a good mother? Questions like that raced through my mind.

I can't really control my emotions so I'm in a really bad mood.

The doctor comes in and tells me that I can start pushing during my next contraction.

When I start to push, the pain is awful.

"Just a few more times mrs. Pitt" the doctor says. So I push again. "You can do it ." Brad says.

"You did this to me! Shut up!" I yell. I think Brad gets the hint because he completely stops talking.

I push a few more times until I hear cries fill the room. Brad cuts the cord . Then they place her on my chest and both Brad and I start to cry.