Part 1

Jermaine Cole

Standing in the corner, I watched as my boss argued on the phone

Standing in the corner, I watched as my boss argued on the phone. He's been arguing with his wife for ten minutes straight.

It was honestly annoying but I tried my best to tune them out.

"Everything ok, sir?" I asked once he finally hung up the phone.

He rubbed his temples & stood up from his desk sighing.

"Everything is fine, it's just Cynthia being her usual bitchy self." he responded.

He grabbed his suit jacket placing it on.

"I'm ready to call it a day, let's get out of here." he mumbled.

After making sure his office was locked up I led him out front, to his car. Opening the car door for him shots rang out, hitting him causing him to clutch his chest & fall to the ground.

I instantly drew my gun out & shot towards the shooter five times before they drove off in a getaway car. Looking down at my boss, my face fell.

"Shit! Hold on sir." I pulled out his handkerchief & applied pressure to his wound.

Grabbing my phone I called 911, explaining the situation & our location. Looking down I could slowly see his life slipping away.

"Stay with me Mr. Smith, we gonna get you fixed up alright? Just hold up." his hand reached my wrist & he squeezed it tightly until his grip loosened then finally he let go.

Shaking my head, I couldn't believe it. I've been Mr. Smith's bodyguard for five years.

I've protected his life this whole time & this is the way it ends. He didn't deserve this at all.

I can't imagine the expression on his wife & sons faces when they find out the news. Can't believe this is how it ended.

Was going to wait until I was done with my other book to start this but I thought, why not publish the first chapter on his birthday? This is my first J Cole fan fiction & I hope you enjoy.