Part 28

Jermaine Cole

It was a few weeks after Simone's promo & movie premiere. Everything was going good & the reviews on the movie was great so Simone decided to take a little break.

Right now we're on our way to Fayetteville. Despite our situation my mama insisted that Simone should come & visit her.

She loved her whether we were together or not. Philip & I talked about it & he trusted me to protect her.

I'm glad he did or my mama would've been upset.

We landed about a hour ago & now I was just driving a rental car on the outskirts of Fayetteville. Luckily we were almost there because the car ride was awkward as fuck.

We barely conversed & it was bothering me. After a long silence Simone decided to speak.

"So do we pretend everything is ok with us or do your family already know?" She looked over at me.

"They already know." I replied while keeping my eyes on the road.

It was quiet for a little while but the tension was eating me up. Shit was annoying.

"Look lets not do this alright? All this animosity is ridiculous Simone. You know I still love you no matter what."

"Yeah." She replied dryly.

I sighed & shook my head. I couldn't stand when she had a attitude, it was too fucking much.

After about twenty more minutes we finally arrived at my mama's house. Once we both got out the car we went to the trunk to get the stuff out.

"I gotcha." I told Simone before grabbing her luggage.

She gave me a side eye before saying a quick thank you. Once we made it to the door Simone knocked before stepping back.

After the door opened, Simone's face lit up.

"Hey Ashley." Simone gave my cousin a hug.

"Hey you two!" Ashley gave both of us a hug before we walked inside.

"How was the flight?" Ashley asked.

"It was ok, ran into a few people but it wasn't hectic." Simone replied.

"I'm tired as fuck I could use a nap." I mumbled.

"Ok cool well y'all can go ahead to the backyard I'll put your stuff in the room." Ashley told us before walking off.

"Nah don't worry I'll put it up later." I told her.

After talking a little bit more, I grabbed Simone's hand & led her through the house until we were in the back yard. Once we stepped out my mama was the first to see us.

"Hey you're finally here!!" She walked over to us pulling us both in for a hug.

We both hugged her back before greeting everyone else that was here.

The only people that was here was my mama, Ashley, my aunt Nina, Junior, & some more of my little cousins playing around. The house was pretty empty for the most part.

"So how was your flight?" My aunt asked after pulling away from the hug.

"It was cool. I'm tired though, been up since six this morning." I looked down at my watch & noticed it was about three in the evening.