Part 7

Jermaine Cole

It's been a full week after the scare from the car following us. Simone has been cooped up in the house, rescheduling & cancelling radio interviews & tv appearances.

Her sister had to encourage her to get back to work & stop hiding out, so today we're going out to find her a dress for the BET Awards. This year they're having a category for best actress & she was nominated for the award.

Knocking on her bedroom door, I didn't get a reply. Cracking open the door I noticed her & her nephew Matthew, cuddled up in bed eyes glued to the tv.

Clearing my throat they both glanced over at me.

"Sorry to disturb you two but um everyone is waiting to leave downstairs." she sat up & that's when I noticed that she was already dressed which was good.

"Matt are you tagging along?" She turned her head & asked her nephew as she slipped her heels on.

"Nah yall doing girly stuff I'm gonna stay here & finish this movie." he replied with his eyes still glued onto the tv.

"Ok don't go snooping through my stuff while I'm gone either." she playfully pushed his head then grabbed her bag & walked passed me out the room.

After we both made it down stairs, she suddenly screamed & ran toward the lady I was introduced to earlier. Her name was Sam & she was Simone's manager.

"Hello my pretty lady!" Sam greeted as they rocked back & forth while embracing each other

"I hope you enjoyed your vacation because we have a lot of work to do." Simone told her.

"Yes I did thanks for asking & I also met this handsome gentleman." Sam nodded toward me with a smirk.

"Yeah new body guard." Simone glanced at me then walked away toward the front door.

We both followed her out & met up with everyone else outside.

"Where's Matthew?" Gabriella asked.

"He's in the house, didn't want to come. Philip & Angie are in there so he'll be ok." she grabbed her sister's hand & they both got inside the truck followed by Sam.

After I closed the door, I walked to the passenger side hopping in. After telling the driver the directions we began rolling out.

After a long drive, riding through traffic, loud cackles, & listening to girl talk we finally arrived to the designer's store. Of course it was filled with paparazzi.

After helping Gabriella & Sam out they made their way inside the store. Grabbing a hold of Simone's hand, I looked up & noticed she placed a pair of sunglasses onto her face.

After helping her out the truck I closed the door & the flashes & questions started flying her way. Feeling a light squeeze, I looked down & noticed that she was still holding my hand & our fingers were interlocked.

I gently held tighter & stood in front of her maneuvering our way through the crowded space. I never been in this type of situation too much was going on.

I literally wanted to push everyone in order for them to get away. Once we made it inside, we walked to the back & a store associate locked the door once all of our group & security was inside.

"Ok let's get started!" Sam yelled excitedly.

Two hours later Simone was finally trying on different pre-made dresses.

"This is too big." she turned to Sam & Gabriella.

"It's also too bright." Gabriella made a ugly face as she sipped her champagne.

"I'm trying to go for the Mariah Carey 1997 VMA's look" Simone spoke to the designer.

"No problem, I can go look for something just like that right now

"No problem, I can go look for something just like that right now." the designer spoke in his heavy accent.

Before Simone could reply he ran to the back of the store searching for her request. Walking over to the table, Simone began to pour herself a drink.

As she took a sip from her glass she looked over at me & gave me a up & down look. I stared back with a blank look, hypnotized by her natural beauty.

"Ok here we go! Go try it on & let us have a look." the designer returned back with the dress.

I watched as Simone made her way to the dressing room.

"Mr. Cole you want to go in the dressing room & make sure it's safe enough for her?" Sam spoke while Gabriella giggled.

Glaring at the two, I turned my attention to Simone deciding to just ignore them.

"Will you two cut it out? That wasn't even funny." Simone mugged them then continued into the dressing room.

After five minutes she walked out in a two piece skirt & top that looked amazing on her. She walked over to the mirror & stared at herself.

"What do you guys think?" She finally spoke after a long period of silence.

"It looks amazing on you Ms. Dionne." the designer spoke first.

"It's looks very you, minimal & most importantly your style." Sam spoke.

Simone grinned.

"That's the look I was going for... Gabriella what do you think?"

"It's cute, I guess." Gabriella folded her arms & sank down into the couch.

She's lowkey jealous.

"Jermaine what do you think?" Simone spoke as she stared at me through the mirror.

I was silent for a moment.. She was really asking for my opinion?

"Are you kidding me? You're asking the body guard for his opinion?" Sam asked with a chuckle in her voice.

"It's always good to have another person's opinion." Simone replied back to her then turned & walked toward me, letting me get a good view.

"So what do you think?" She did a small turn for me & held her arms out.

"Honestly.." I began as I looked back at her face, her eyes staring back into mine.

"You look beautiful." I spoke lowly so she could only hear me.

A small smile formed onto her lips & she looked down avoiding eye contact with me.

"Thank you." she replied as she looked back up at me.

I nodded my head then she turned around & walked away I couldn't help but to watch the way she graced away from me & loved every second of it.

"I'll take it!" She smiled happily to the designer.