Part 14

Jermaine Cole

"That place was amazing, you'll have to take me sometime again

"That place was amazing, you'll have to take me sometime again." Simone smiled as we held hands on our way back to the truck.

I couldn't wipe the stupid grin off my face at the moment. Seeing her happy honestly made me happy on the inside.

Her smile was everything.

"Aight cool I can do that." I replied to her as I opened the door for her to hop in.

Once she was in, I walked over to my side & got in. After we got settled I began to drive off.

"I honestly had a great time Jermaine." I glanced over at Simone & looked back toward the road.

"I'm glad you did cause no lie I was a little nervous." I laughed.

She laughed also & shook her head repeatedly.

"It was perfect! I'm not into extravagant dates & expensive dinners I mean it's nice & all but simple things are much more intimate & it has special meaning you know?"

I nodded my head in understanding as I continued to drive. It was silent for a while but it was a comfortable silence which was good.

I could tell she was in deep thought based on the way she was looking out the window.

"So um you want me to take you home?" I asked.

Her head snapped over to me quickly.

"Um is it ok if I stay with you tonight?" She asked like she was afraid that I'll say no.

"Yea it's cool, no problem.. You asking with a hint of fear in your voice like I was gonna say no or some shit." I laughed as I hit a right turn at the light.

"I just wasn't sure if you wanted company over tonight." she smiled at me.

"You're welcome every time." I smirked at her which caused her to blush.

We pulled up to my apartment building & hopped out the truck before making our way inside the main lobby. As we walked by a couple of teens was walking past us & they couldn't help but stare.

"Yo is that Simone Dionne?" I overheard one of the teens whisper.

We continued to walk but I could feel their eyes on us. As we made our way around the corner the elevators was closing so we stopped it just in time & hopped on.