Part 13

Simone Dionne

Finding the perfect outfit for this date was hard. I didn't want to be too casual or too dressed up.

Giving up, I grabbed my phone & texted Jermaine.

I don't know what to wear.. Is what I typed before pressing send.

Not even a minute later, I received a text back.

Nothing is fine with me.. I read the message out loud from him before rolling my eyes & smirking.

He sent another text before I could reply.

Wear something casual but nice, you'll enjoy where I'm taking you...  I smiled at the message before locking my phone & throwing it onto the bed.

After searching through my closet, I finally settled on something simple but neat. I began to do my hair in the mirror when Terra decided to barge in.

"Sure you don't have to knock." I spoke as I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry... may I ask where are you going?" She gave me a skeptical look.

"Out."

That's all she needs to know.

"Wait did Jermaine finally ask you out on a date?" She whispered.

My head snapped towards her so fast, I'm surprised my head didn't spin off my body.

"You know me Simone, I notice everything. You two are so cute omg."

"I don't need everyone in our business so can you keep this to yourself?" I touched up my makeup while standing in the mirror.

"Of course you can trust me."

I could hear my phone ringing from the bed so I ran to it just to see that he texted me saying he was outside.

"Ok I'm leaving, if anyone asks where I'm at cover for me." I hurried & grabbed my belongings & headed down stairs.

I made it out the front door without anyone noticing me, & made my way towards Jermaine who was leaning on his truck.

"Hey you." I walked up to him with a smile on my face before giving him a hug.

"Wassup you look gorgeous." he pulled away from the hug & looked me up & down.

Once we were done greeting we got inside the truck & pulled out of the driveway.

"So where are you taking me Mr. Cole."

"You'll see.. So how was your day?" He glanced over at me before focusing back onto the road.

"Long & tiring." I sighed as I glanced out the window.

"I could say the same but I had the day off." Jermaine spoke, trying to make me jealous.

I glanced over towards him, smiling before squinting my eyes at him.

"You're so lucky." I mumbled before poking the side of his face.

We pulled up to a parking lot & for once I felt normal. No paparazzi or random fans waiting for me to hop out the ride to take pictures of me.

It was a feeling of relief.

I watched as Jermaine walked around to my side & helped me out of the passengers seat. We held hands as we made our way toward a building.

Once I looked up at the sign I noticed that we were at a poetry lounge. The excitement in me wouldn't calm down & I could tell that Jermaine was starting to notice because of the way my hand was squeezing his.

He lead us both to a booth/table as a poet on stage was already performing. The atmosphere was so beautiful & relaxing with the dimmed lights, & strong aroma of incense filled the air.

We sat in the corner & fixed our eyes onto the poet that was speaking some lovely poetry out onto the crowd. Her words was drawing me in more & more as she talked, it kinda killed me inside knowing that I missed the beginning.

Once she was done, snapping of fingers & light clapping was heard throughout the place. Jermaine & I lightly clapped before soft music began to play from the live band.

"So I'm guessing you're familiar with this place?" I turned toward him & started the conversation.

"Yea I used to come around here every two weeks or so to hear some talented people." he replied to me as he looked around.

I couldn't help but to stare at his side profile as he spoke. So handsome.

"So I see that you like to stare at people a lot." he smirked at me.

I snapped out of my trance & blushed from the embarrassment.

"I'm sorry I just can't help it, you're a sight to see."

We both held eye contact before he leaned over & lightly pecked my cheek. His lips left my face numb, but in a good way.

"So are you." he mumbled clearly.

After thirty minutes of back & forth flirting with him, we started to notice people sneaking pictures of us.

"Yo, you good?" Jermaine placed his hand on my knee.

"Yea why?" I shrugged.

"I didn't know if you was comfortable with random people sneaking pictures of you."

I smiled to myself & scooted closer to him.

"When I'm with you nothing matters, I'm good trust me." I grinned as a smirk formed onto his lips.

"Good afternoon I hope you all enjoyed the music performed by Quelo & his band." the announcer spoke before everyone started clapping for the band.

"Now we will have Desmond come up & present his words to you guys."

As the guy, I'm assuming Desmond walked onto the stage, Jermaine gently pulled me against him & wrapped his arm over my shoulder. I felt relaxed & content at this point & I didn't want it to end.