Part 16

Jermaine Cole

It felt good to be back home surrounded by family & people I grew up with

It felt good to be back home surrounded by family & people I grew up with. My mom usually goes all out with our family reunions so I wasn't surprised to see cars up & down the block.

I was currently sitting on the front porch listening to my cousins reminisce on the girls they used to smash in the past. Looking down in my cup, I realized that I was out so I hopped up & made my way inside to get a refill.

"Wassup boy haven't seen you in a while." my mother's friend gave me some dap before letting me by.

"Yeah I've been working." I replied.

"You over there on the west coast?" He asked.

"Yea." I kept walking almost bumping into the kids as they ran past me.

"Well do me a favor & bring me back one of them Cali girls with the fake titties next time you decide to visit." he yelled before busted out laughing sounding like he smokes a pack of cigarettes every hour.

"Mama fill that up for me." I handed my cup to her once I made it into the kitchen.

"We were just talking about you." my mom smiled.

I looked at her sideways.

"About what?" I asked while she handed my drink back to me.

"About how you work for that actress." my mom waved her hand before taking something out the oven.

"I'm surprised she let you have a off day." my aunt laughed.

"I have a lot of off days." I shrugged before taking a sip.

"She better not work my baby to death.. I'm surprised you two haven't hit it off." my mom spoke as she continued to work around the kitchen.

"She my boss." I gave her a annoyed look.

"Jermaine she's a cute girl & she's your type I say go for it." she patted my shoulder.

Only if she knew....

Simone Dionne