Chapter 2 - Seventeen

This chapter is for you jingling19 for the beautiful cover you made for this book. You really make me so happy because of this... Thank you sooo much!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~ CHAPTER 2 - SEVENTEEN ~~~

        "Where's mommy?" I asked Elena, one of the servants, when I entered the living room.

        "She's at the office, señorita. She told me to remind you about the dinner."

        "Of course, I won't forget it. I'll be ready in fifteen minutes," I said smilingly while going upstairs to change. "By the way, who's the guest?" I turned to Elena but she was already nowhere of sight.

        Nevertheless, with that unanswered question in my mind, I rushed to fix myself for dinner. It was my birthday celebration so I got to look good.

        Seventeen. Time could fly fast. As I was putting some blush on my cheekbones and gloss on my lips, I could not help but stare at my face in the mirror. Mama and papa would have been very happy to observe me grow like this... pretty. I often heard Mommy Carol tell me how beautiful I was but it took me only recently to appreciate my beauty. People would always say I had beautiful eyes. Mom once said I got them from my mama.

        "Do you think so, mom?" I asked her for confirmation when she commented about them.

        "Yes, darling, you got Adriana's eyes."

        "Wow, then I might indeed have beautiful eyes! Papa always told me then that mama's eyes kind of hypnotized him that was why he married her."

        "Oh, Roberto was always that sweet!" she exclaimed. "It was not surprising why Adriana loved him so much," she sighed dreamily remembering my mama, her best friend.

        Snapping back my consciousness to the present time, I stared again at myself in the mirror. I was definitely a replica of my mama. From my wavy brown hair, to my brown expressive eyes, long curly lashes, cherry red lips, down to my slender built, and fair complexion, everything was inherited from my mama.

        My intense belief on love and passion and the happy-ever-after, however, was from my papa. He was the one who opened my eyes that love is always possible even in the most impossible of times and places. He was a great believer in love. I guessed papa and I agreed on this.

        Oh, how I missed them so much! The thought of their horrible death still brought a piercing pain in my heart.

        Move on, Althea, I could picture out mama and papa telling me this. A teardrop fell down my cheek.