Chapter 58 - New Life

~~~ CHAPTER 58 - NEW LIFE ~~~

"Pregnant?" Nigel stared at me with blazing light in his eyes. "God! Oh, God!" He grinned widely and touched my stomach. "Is she pregnant, doc?" He looked at the doctor to wait for the latter's statement.

"Yes, she is! Congratulations, Mr. Sarmiento! Your fianceé's pregnant!" Then, the doctor gave me a happy smile. "There's a new life forming in your womb, young lady. Congratulations!"

Oh!

It was true! My suspicion was true! I was pregnant... and the doctor was correct... I was bringing a new life in my womb --- my baby and Nigel's...

The rest around me seemed to be really shocked for nobody was able to speak, even mom.

Nigel and I gazed at each other. He then touched both of my cheeks with his palms.

"We're going to have a baby soon," Nigel said, just a whisper at first.

"Yes, a baby..." I repeated with tears in my eyes now.

"You're pregnant. I'm gonna be a father soon!" he exclaimed, almost shouting now. I had never seen him this excited and jubilant all his life, especially when he threw a fist on the air. "Mom, I'm gonna be a father soon!"

Mom, this time, was producing guttural sounds from her mouth as if she couldn't exactly put her words together. Tears were in her cheeks, too.

Finally, another voice was heard in the room. "Oh, my God!" Kara almost shrieked, gasping her mouth. "I'm gonna be an aunt!"

Being the crying Althea that I was, tears just abundantly flowed out from my eyes. Nigel brushed my hair. "Princess, princess... you really make me so happy..."

The doctor cleared his throat to catch everyone's attention. It was as if everyone had forgotten that the cardiologist was still around. "Okay, so... Miss Ruiz, we still need to do the X-ray, okay? But I will refer you to an OB this time for Comanagement."

Still having no power to speak, I just nodded my head repeatedly.

"Yes, doc. Thank you. Thank you so much," Nigel stood up and clasped the palm of the doctor.

"Grandchild..." A voice was then heard. It was mom's. "Oh, God, let's have the wedding soon!"

We all looked at her. She stood up from her wheel chair and moved enthusiastically to me. "I want to give my darling a kiss," she said.

Oh, it looked like mom was totally better now!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

At the doctor's cue, the authorities who were in-charge of my case conducted an interview with me. They asked me a lot of questions centering mostly about the homicide and rape attempt. Clasping my hand hard, Nigel sat at my side on the bed and cursed silently when he heard my testimony.

I handled the interview well. Mom was happy to know that I was strong dealing with the questions. They were just so concerned of the trauma that I had been through once again. But, after everything, I didn't think I could still allow myself to get weak. With God's new life given to me, I knew that all He wanted me to do was be strong and be happy for I had everything --- I had my friends around me; I had Mommy Carol; I had Nigel; most of all, I had a new life in my tummy. I was going to be a mother soon!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

From a short nap, I was awakened with my hand held by someone. I learned it was Nigel, smiling at me wonderfully.

"How are you?" he asked.

"Feeling great... of course..." I looked around and saw lots of roses around me.