Chapter 57 - Sleeping Beauty

~~~ CHAPTER 57 - SLEEPING BEAUTY ~~~

Butterflies. Lots of butterflies.

I was at my lagoon bank. The water was still and shimmering just like always. The mahogany trees were still as gigantic as ever. The sun's rays were still as brilliant as I last saw them.

And my butterfly friends.

They were fluttering gloriously in the air. They were wonderful and they seemed to invite me to flying...

I wanted to follow them... I wanted to fly... I wanted to be free... just like them...

Then, I heard a voice calling me.

A masculine voice that was so familiar to me. A voice that seemed to come from far, far away... but, no matter how far it was from me, the voice persisted to call me... to come back to him... come back to him...

"Princess!"

Huh? I turned around and I saw no one...

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I opened my eyes and I saw the widest fields of flowers... different flowers of different colors...

I was walking alone on the footpath. The narrow pathway seemed to be never-ending. I kept on walking and walking. Everywhere around were flowers. Somehow, they soothed me. The flowers felt like home.

The fresh air brushing my skin was very refreshing. I felt so alive that all I wanted to do was just take the air.

From a distance, I heard a woman's voice.

"Darling..."

The voice seemed to be following me.

"Mom!" I called her out.

"Darling..."

"Mom..."

Then, there was darkness again.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Princess, please, come back!" I heard that voice again.

I was back in the lagoon bank... I looked at the shimmering water and it felt so inviting. I wanted to plunge my body into it.

"Princess!"

Nigel?

"Wake up, please..." he pleaded.

Wake up?

I looked ahead and I didn't see the lagoon anymore. I was in a place I couldn't discern where... for it was very, very dark. I was gasping for air. I wanted to breathe.

"Wake up, Althea! Please!"

Nigel! Nigel, where are you? Nigel, I need you!

I felt like my hands were stretched over my head and tied to something since forever. But when I pulled them to my side, I finally made it. I was free!

"Do we have a pulse?"

"Yes, but brady around 55!"

"BP 90/60."

I heard voices... lots of voices. I also felt hands holding and touching some parts of my body.

"Airway patency?"

"Clearing airway... she's breathing!"

I wanted to cough... and I did. I felt the bitter liquid in my throat. I coughed once more as I tried to gasp for more air.

"Sats 94 to 95 percent at room air. Prepare for transport!"

"Okay! Move it!"

My body was then carried up by someone's arms.