Chapter 48 - Confessions

~~~ CHAPTER 48 - CONFESSIONS ~~~

"She told me that you couldn't accept me because I'm a servant's daughter. She said that it was you who told her that," I confessed.

I was still lying on top of him and I felt every rippling of his muscles every time he grappled my waist like he was afraid to release me... and the most beautiful thing for me was the feeling that every curve of my body perfectly fitted to his firm, solid bulk.

"Lie. A big lie," he piped up. "We neither talked about you nor talked about each other's lives. She became my bed buddy for a while but I made it sure that we were not to meddle our personal lives."

"I always feel bad every time I hear you say you sleep with other women," I murmured, sighing.

He never seemed to hear me anyway. He continued talking, "The Sarmientos never regarded your mama as a servant. Take note of this, Althea. I've always remembered her as mom's best friend or mom's sister... Yes, she was like a sister to mom, and she was like a second mother to me when I was still very little... Every time mom and dad went for a trip, your mama was always there to look after Annie and me... At least that's what I remember. I was very young back then when she was still with us."

Okay. So I was really mistaken all this time. I deserved to be punished for my stupidity.

Now, it was finally sinking in me that Maria Stella had been one manipulative bitch. I couldn't imagine what I was capable of doing to her if we'd happen to meet again...

"She also said mom blackmailed you into the announcement," I moved on to my next confession.

"What? And why would mom ever blackmail me? And in exchange of what?"

"In exchange of your position as CEO."

"Oh, God! That's a big fat lie," Nigel groaned and once again handgripped my butt.

I jolted as I tried to grab his head. What was with his butt gripping?

He continued to talk anyway, "Mom didn't have to blackmail me just for me to get the position because the CEO-ship would be turned over only and only to me no matter what. Haven't you forgotten that I am the sole heir to the family businesses? Whether everyone likes it or not, the Corporation would eventually become mine... and I could never allow anyone to steal it from the Sarmientos because it's my father's legacy."

Yeah, how could I forget? I was really stupid!

"And mom would never do such a dirty thing, Althea. She might be obssessed of making you her daughter-in-law but she would never do such thing."

Now, tears came streaming down my cheeks again as I brought my head to the crook of his neck.

I really deserved to be punished for thinking of mommy to be that kind of woman. I definitely deserved a punishment. How could I think of her that way?

"I told you the announcement had been my sole plan and decision. In fact, mom didn't know that I was going to do that. She was just as surprised as you."

There, bringing now my face to his chest, I just cried... and cried my heart out.

So everything was just a lie. All this time I had misjudged both Nigel and mom... and I had wasted my two years staying away from them when Nigel and I could have started to create beautiful memories together day by day.

I knew he was mad.

He was totally mad of the things that he just learned from me. Probably he was mad at me, too. I could feel the hard gripping of his arm around my waistline. Probably he was starting to hate me as well for being so, so stupid. So what should I do now to recompense all those lost times? Did I still have time?