Chapter 5 - Guys and Fears

Hey itsmyaah, this cover that you made is so mind-blowing! I'm so happy to have finally Selena and Gui on the cover! It's just OMG! You are very talented. I really appreciate the time, skills, and everything that you put into this work. 😗😗😗

----------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~ CHAPTER 5 - GUYS AND FEARS ~~~

        After Nigel left The Fields, I practiced myself to become responsible. During Saturday and Sunday afternoons, I would stay in my private space near the lagoon. But now, I already made sure that I'd be back in the mansion before 5:00 o'clock so that mom wouldn't get worried about me anymore. In the palacio, I would help the cook in preparing dinner and oftentimes bake cakes with Elena.

        When classes opened again, I was already senior high school. I went to the same private school in the nearby town about a thirty-minute drive away from La Carlota. Just like before, I had my private chauffeur to drive me to school and back to The Fields every day.

        I knew I was quite popular in school for most people there were aware of my connection to the renowned Sarmientos. Most people knew I was staying in The Fields, specifically the palacio. They also knew that I was to become the future bride of the young master of The Fields.

        Though I was already popular, I became even more popular in my senior year. I was kind of questioning myself why because I wasn't the Queen Bee or something. Then, I began to accidentally hear from my schoolmates especially the guys that I was getting prettier every year. I was flattered with all the attentions I was getting until the time when the town mayor's son became interested in me. That was when I realized that I had to put an end to all of these enthrallments they had for me.

        The son of the mayor was a senior high school student just like me but we were not in the same class. His name was Javier --- confident, self-assured Javier Suarez. Well, he came from an influential family so he wasn't discouraged of my engagement. Rather, he showered me with flowers of different kinds every single day. It irritated me like hell.

        "Please, I want none of you, Javier, so please quit it," I told him straight to his face one time as I gave him back the flowers he sent me that morning. I cornered him while he was about to enter his physics class. His peers left us in the hallway when they saw I was handing back the flowers to Javier.

        He looked down at me frowning, his sluggish gaze never left my eyes.

        "I'm already engaged," I met his eyes like seriously. I wanted him to understand the seriousness of the situation and, of course, the seriousness of my engagement.

        He was one of those popular boys in school who had a lot of admirers. His pretty face placarded it like every day. While many girls ran after him, he was running after me. I had to stop it before it would become very grave and I would end up hurting him.