Chapter 50 - The Signature

~~~ CHAPTER 50 - THE SIGNATURE ~~~

My bag had been packed and I was ready to go back to the South. My graduation day was fast approaching and my co-interns had been contacting me to go back to the university. Well, there were still some paperworks to do and to be submitted before I'd be included in the list of the graduation candidates.

"Going now?" Nigel's voice reached my ear through the phone. "Do you really have to go so soon? How about you wait for me on the weekend so we could go together? I'm actually into something very important right here and I'll be there as soon as everything is finalized."

"No, please," I told him, "I don't want to be a bother to you. I can travel alone now. I'm used to this."

"You are not a bother to me, princess. I'll always find time for you," he said in a pleading voice. "I'm just not into your traveling alone. Okay, if you're really in the rush to go to the South, I'll be there today."

Was he really to do that? Would he leave his important work just for me? God, it would be too much already!

"Okay, okay, this weekend," I said in surrender. "I'll wait for you this weekend."

"Thanks, princess," he stated with laughter in his voice. Oh, I could just see the brute smiling right now.

"Starting to be possessive now, huh?" I said like I was complaining, but in reality I was enjoying the fact that I was to see him this weekend and even travel with him.

"Well, just to make sure that you won't meet some bad guys along the way."

I smiled. "Thanks for the concern, Nigel Joaquin, but I'll try my best not to be duped anymore."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

So, waiting for the coming of my prince, I stayed in the palacio. Well, I could understand him. Of the recent events in my life, like being assaulted by Dylan Fernandez and having to walk around Sta. Fe, barefooted and under some heavy rain in the middle of the night, Nigel just couldn't tolerate thinking that I'd be in the same situation again.

While in the palacio, I spent more time with mom and some time in the kitchen. I remembered Nigel wanted me to bake cupcakes for him so I decided to experiment on a new cupcake recipe... something just for him.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I was just starting to work on the cupcakes when I remembered about his love for painting. Perhaps, I could make some cakes inspired by painting... you know, a combination of our passions... cake and painting... Yeah, why not?

Thinking of some inspiration on how I should realize my plan, I remembered the painting that he told me... the piece that was hung in mom's drawing room. Yeah, I hadn't seen it for a long time already.

Trying to know what really was painting to him, I found my feet going to the drawing room. I needed to see again his painting of the flower plantation. The drawing room was a large sitting room used for mom's receptions of her guests whenever there were occasions in the mansion. It was a large room just adjacent to the living room located at the first floor of the palacio.

Old, antique pieces of furniture met my eyes when I entered it. Mom's favorite wooden chair was found at the first corner to my right. Across it was a wooden settee good for two. There were sofa and chairs of French Empire Style in all the rest of the corners.

There were lamps attached to its walls. At the ceiling, there was that magnificent large three-tier crystal chandelier that no other lighting in the room could ever match its splendor especially at night.