Chapter 10 - Stolen Kiss

This chapter is dedicated to MelodramaticVni for all the amazing banners she made for this book. It's truly an honor for me to receive all this wonderful work. Thank you so much! 😘😘😘 Here's one of the banners she made... (Her other works are found at the end of this chapter.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~ CHAPTER 10 - STOLEN KISS ~~~

        "Huh?" I asked kind of disappointed. I thought he was going to say he loved me too.

        Oh, I was so stupid!

        "I... I just dropped the phone," Nigel reiterated.

        Now, my heart stopped beating.

        He suddenly pushed me away and, as if nothing intimate had happened, he picked up the iphone from the floor.

        "Now, look what you've done," he glanced at me with an irritated look as he was examining it.

        "What have I done?" I asked also irritated.

        "The phone, it's probably damaged now," he said inspecting it.

        So, it was my fault now!

        "Just give me that. I'll have it fixed," I said.

        He turned it on and light illuminated its screen.

        "It's still working but..." he said scanning it, "I'm no longer giving this to you."

        "But---"

        "No but's for now, Althea," he muttered glancing at his wrist watch, "Now, go get some sleep."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

        I was fetched by Marcos, my new driver, the following day. Nigel really was true to his words --- he no longer would drive for me. Now, I had to miss his company.

        My second day in the university went well generally. I learned that Kara and I were classmates in four subjects. Kara seemed to be a sweet girl. I was confident that I could be who I was with her. Though she was a city girl by heart, I felt like she was not judgmental to people like me. She enjoyed my stories about my ever-loved The Fields and my favorite private space, the lagoon. I told her how I got to live in the Palacio de Sarmiento and how I got to be engaged with Nigel.

        Kara couldn't believe what she heard from me when I told her about the engagement. She said I was kind of like crazy to submit myself to an engagement founded by a one-sided love.

        "Oh, girl, I can't imagine myself to be in such a situation. I'd rather die than marry somebody who couldn't even love me back. That is just the most stupid story I've ever heard in my entire life! That sounds absolutely the most stupid plot to be ever written for a movie or novel or something!" Kara exclaimed.