Chapter 23 - Lovesick

~~~ CHAPTER 23 - LOVESICK ~~~

"Get in the car," he immediately commanded like seeing me wasn't a good thing at all. Didn't he miss me? Was he not going to greet me?

I was slightly unprepared of this so it took me a few minutes to realize that he was actually commanding me to get inside the car. The next thing I knew, he was already on the driver seat waiting for me to get in. I ran to the other side of the car and slipped into the passenger seat.

"Thank you so much for picking me up today. You really surprise me, Nigel," I attempted to start a conversation.

However, it looked like he was not in the mood to talk. He didn't reply. What was the matter with him? Just before he left abroad last week, he acted very sweet to me. The memories I had with him having that dinner and doing the dishes together were still very vivid in my mind. So, what happened now? Why did he become cold again?

"Where's Marcos?" I asked still trying to put up a conversation. Yeah, where's Marcos? Why are you the one driving for me?

I gazed at his face. I missed everything about him, his handsome face, his familiar smell, his beguiling eyes, his sensual lips...

He muttered something in his breath and I wasn't able to understand what it was.

"Huh?" I asked.

He bit his lips.

Come on, Nigel, speak up! You've been away for a week and, now that you're here, you're going to act like you're raising a cold war again! What the hell!

Okay, he remained not talking to me.

So, what? Do I have to wait until you talk to me?

I decided to stop talking myself, turned my face to the side window, and even felt more the aching of my head. Gosh, what a bugging headache!

He said he was to show me something when he'd come back. Was being back to the coldest person on earth the "something" he was to show me? Great, wasn't it?

Not caring at all about my sulking, Nigel continued driving, muttered a curse when he was interrupted by the red light, let out a deep sigh, and tapped the stirring wheel while waiting for the change of traffic light. I was still not looking at him instead I had to let my other senses be conscious of his little activities in my side.

When the car moved again, I decided to look at him once more. He was so deep in his driving. So, he didn't really have a plan to talk to me.

Huh, Nigel and his mood swings!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"He's finally back, señorita," Suzana grinned at me when the both of us were alone in the doorway.

Nigel immediately went to his room the moment we arrived at the condo.

"Yeah..." I said without any hint of excitement in my voice.

"What happened, señorita?"

I sighed as we both advanced to the sofa. I sat and leaned my head on the headrest. My head was aching terribly.

"He was not talking to me," I complained.

"Not talking to you?" she echoed. "W-why?"

"Back to his usual ways, I guess..."

"Oh!" she gasped.

"I was even very glad when I saw him at the campus! You know the feeling, Suzana..." I took my head off the headrest and met her eyes, "And then, when we were finally together in the car, he never said anything to me like I didn't exist at all! I was even excited to know how he has been, why he was the one fetching me, and a lot of other things I want to talk to him. I mean, he was away for one whole week..."