Chapter 8 - Moving In

Shoutout to lovevivienne for producing this beautiful cover of ETTHH! Thank you very much, girl! Selena is 😍😍😍

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~ CHAPTER 8 - MOVING IN ~~~

My first week in the city was spent with so much homesickness. Nigel was not at his condo when Mommy Carol and I arrived. I found out he had some business to attend to in the South. Mom and I shopped for what I needed at home and in the university. After three days of spending with me, she went back to The Fields, leaving me in the condo with Suzana, the housekeeper, who stayed with me even at night until Nigel's arrival.

After a week, Nigel finally arrived.

It was almost 10:00 o'clock at night, as I, half-sleep, was dozing off to the unlit kitchen to get myself some glass of cold water. I was halfway from the door to the refrigerator when I caught sight of somebody unexpected especially at this time of night. Nigel's presence near the kitchen island was definitely a bolt from the blue! As the light from the adjacent doorway reflected onto him, he was like one of those Greek gods I read in the books, too sexy and muscular wearing a long-sleeved button down, the upper three buttons opened showing his broad hard chest, with a tie loosened around his neck and a pair of black slacks. It was like seeing someone from your dream coming to life!

"Nigel!" I cried in amazement.

He had just drunk a glass of water when he learned my presence. His expression was enough to tell me that he was also not expecting to see me right here, right now. He looked puzzled as he gazed at me.

"Althea..." it was like a whisper yet in some way the air just caught it and brought it to my ears. His voice, smooth yet husky, was the most amazing sound I ever heard tonight.

Excitedly, I moved towards him with the feeling of wanting to touch him, to feel he was real... And with the overwhelming passion I felt all over my body, I embraced him so hard that I never wanted to ever let him go. I sensed his surprise but I insisted and instead made the embrace so much harder I felt he stopped breathing.

"I missed you so much," I confessed.

I never heard him say a word. I still thought he was caught astounded of everything that just happened. Yet, moments later, I didn't know if I was just wrong or if I was just imagining things, I felt his hands slowly embracing me back. Was this real or was I dreaming? I closed my eyes as I leaned my head on his firm chest. I had to engross myself with this oh-so-wonderful yet indescribable feeling!

With my hands around his neck and his hands encircling my waist, it was a scene that I often pictured out in my mind. It seemed so surreal. In that position, we could hear each other's beating heart clearly.