Chapter 24 - Break

~~~ CHAPTER 24 - BREAK ~~~

My first semester in the university came to an end. I took the final exams and, thankfully, I passed all my subjects.

It had been a month after that hospital incident. Since then, Nigel became as cold as ever. He became more inaccessible, unreachable, and invisible as ever. It was like we were not residing in the same place.

It was also the time when the Sarmiento Corporation flourished even more and became even more successful. It became the talk of the country. It was like Nigel worked himself to death.

During the semestral break, Diego and Mommy Carol fetched me from the capital so I could have a short vacation at The Fields. Of course, I was ecstatic to learn that they were fetching me for I missed The Fields very much. The travel was no longer super scary for me. Perhaps, it was because mom was with me holding me in the hands and whispering kind, soothing words to me. What would I do without her?

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Serge's inviting me to go to his parents' place this sem break. Shall I go?" Kara's excited voice met my ears the moment I accepted her call. I was still in the car, now traversing the country road from La Carlota to The Fields.

"Wow, that's great!"

I was happy with how her relationship with Serge turned out. He was now her boyfriend and I could tell she was falling head-over-heels in love with him. Now, she could tell how it was to fall in love.

"You think so?"

"Of course! Go meet his parents, Kara. That was supposed to be not a question. When the guy asks you to meet his parents, just go. You should be thankful about that. Besides, few guys would offer something like that to their girlfriends," I told her what I felt.

When it comes to love, you just give your all. No question marks! Just periods! Was I even sure about this?

"Thanks, Thea. You're really the love expert here," she said excitedly. "Okay, I'll go. Wish me luck."

"Good luck. Enjoy, Kara."

"Thanks a bunch. Enjoy your vacation, too," she said and that ended our conversation.

Mommy Carol clasped my arm. "We're already here, darling."

I looked around and we were indeed entering the magnificent iron gate to the palacio. I was very excited.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"I missed you so much, Elena." I hugged her when we finally saw each other. She was in the main door when we arrived, apparently waiting for me.

"I missed you, too, Thea," she hugged me back.

The other servants were also there lining up, looking excited as they beheld me. I greeted each of them. It was a welcome that I didn't expect.

Then, Elena and I held hands as we went upstairs to the second floor where my room was located.

The palacio was still the same --- huge, spacious, silent, museum-like. Only Elena's voice and mine were heard in the hallway.

When we reached my bedroom, I immediately lay down on my ever-missed bed. Oh, God!

"So, how are you and the señorito?" Elena giggly asked me as she sat on the side of my bed.

Nigel.

What would I tell her about Nigel? She knew everything about my unrequited love and she probably was expecting that there had been some development in my relationship with Nigel now that we had been living together.