Chapter 45 - Purpose

~~~ CHAPTER 45 - PURPOSE ~~~

"You're still with Nigel Sarmiento until now?" the grinning Dylan asked me.

Did he hear my phone conversation with Nigel? How long had he been there with me?

"None. Of. Your. Damn. Business," I expressed, showing him my irritation and disapproval of his presence.

He cupped my cheek. "I've been missing this face. Where have you been the past years? I've been looking for you."

I didn't answer him because, until now, I couldn't believe that I was seeing him. It had almost been three years indeed.

"Why are you acting like we are not friends, Thea?"

Oh, I really hated him!

I really hated him because he was the reason that Nigel had to think of me as a slut. Oh, I just realized it now. That night, before I left mom and Nigel, this Dylan was my companion at the rooftop of a bar and he shamelessly kissed me on the lips without my consent. He kissed me just when Nigel arrived so he received a good punch from the latter. If not because of Nigel, he might have gone all the way on taking advantage of me.

I had been so blinded of the real Dylan Fernandez. I would admit that there was a time in my life that I regarded him an angel to me because of his angelic smile. There was a time in my life that I regarded him a friend who had been sweet and thoughtful to me. But now, as I looked at him, he looked a filthy, rugged drunkard.

I pushed his hand. "Don't you dare touch me!"

"Hey, hey, hey... aren't we friends? Why are you treating me this way, Thea? Did that Nigel Sarmiento make lame stories about me? What did he tell you about me?"

"We never talk about you! You are never a part of any of our conversations!"

It was true. Lately, he was never a part of my conversations with Nigel. We only talked about him during that night when Nigel caught him kissing me.

"Really?" He grinned widely. "Never the slightest thing that you talked about me?"

"Never!"

"Why? Didn't he tell you how much he has ruined me and my family?" he asked, "Didn't he tell you?"

Nigel ruined him and his family? Was Nigel really capable of that? Why and how?

"Let go!" I said, raising my voice.

"Where have you been, Thea? Did he hide you somewhere? Did your prince, Nigel Sarmiento, hide you in the tallest castle so the big bad wolf won't find you?" he said sarcastically, giving me a devilish grin.

My phone rang and I knew it was Nigel trying to reconnect his call. I wanted to answer it but Dylan was so strong pinning me to the wall. I was in panic mode already and I wanted to scream for help.

Please, anybody help me!

Even in fear, my mind still managed to bring me back to the time when Dylan kissed me and Nigel arrived and he saved me from this traitor! Nigel, I wish you were here... wish you were here.

"You still believe your Nigel Sarmiento, Thea? You still think that he really loves you? When are you going to stop making a fool of yourself?" He clenched his teeth and grasped my left arm hard.

It was painful and I gasped. "Who are you to tell me that? Who are you to judge Nigel's real feelings for me?"

"Because I am Maria Stella's friend and I've known how much they love each other ever since," he said, grinning madly.