24

Chapter 24 - The Crying Club

KRIS POV

Florence Khan absent from CORE Tour in China

Opening of Min-shu's new line attended by her close friends – Florence Khan noticeably absent.

Ren Khan and wife – 2ne1 member Bom Park-Khan arrives at Incheon airport.

World renowned scientist Fluer Khan and President of the prestigious Institute Randall Khan arriving at Busan Airport.

BWL holds annual Korea – England Convention but our favorite Brit was not on the scene.

Is Florence Khan Missing? Netizens speculate of the scientist's recent absences.

Where is Florence? Is our Fluffy gone?

BREAKING The Institute confirms that Florence Khan is MISSING.

FLORENCE KHAN MISSING -Theories as to what happened and where is the gifted scientist.

I wanted to scream. I wanted to pound my useless head on the wall. I was useless, so utterly useless. A hand snatched the computer mouse I was holding before I can throw it. I was about to scream at the person when I come face to face with Flo's mom.

"Abonim." I said lower my head since I had glared at her. I was so confused and angry.

"Yifan." She said my name in the tone Flo uses when she wants to soothe me. It was partly effective. I felt my hand unclench. Flo's mom smiled and I wanted to cry at how Flo looks so much like her. Looking at Flo's mom hurt.

"Yes Abonim?" I asked trying to return her smile but I can't.

"Come eat with us." She said with another smile but I noticed it didn't reach her eyes.

"I'm not hungry Abonim." I answered and watched her smile falter.

"Please? Minny told me you haven't eaten since yesterday lunch." She said. I started to shake my head but she interrupted me. "When you have a full stomach it helps you remember things."

My brows rose at that one making Flo's mom chuckle dryly. I gave her a nod and let her tug me back to the dining room of the Khan's main house in Korea. I noticed everyone was also there.

"I found the last sheep!" Flo's Mom declared pulling me to a chair and pushing me down on it.

"Here you go." Flo's dad said putting a plate of pancakes in front of me with a flourish. I look at the stack of pancakes and I wanted to run out of the room. Flo loves pancakes.

"How come they don't taste the same..." I heard Minny mumble beside me. I glance at her and sighed. I had adopted Flo's dislike of seeing Minny cry or being teary eyed. She looked like a poor lost puppy.

"Because I can't cook like Fl- my daughter." Mr. Khan answered. We all had been avoiding saying her name out loud. Lay made one mistake once of addressing her by past tense and it sent everyone into chaos. Shouting, finger pointing, accuses and excuses were thrown. Kai was about to be clobbered to death before Mrs. Khan found us and stopped the fight. It was chaotic. Everything was so chaotic, it was a bloody mess.

"More syrup Kai-a?" I heard Mrs. Khan said and I felt the involuntary anger enter my veins. I was still so angry at Kai but I knew hurting him will do nothing productive. Besides, based on his haggard face it looked like he was living in hell.

When Flo's – I still say her name inside my head – parents arrived in Korea it was already two weeks since we have confirmed her missing. We all had expected rage to rain upon us from them but it didn't came – it never came. Flo's parents understood. They f***ing understood us, them, everyone. They we're that angry, in fact they were even concerned about our welfare since as Seth had sated the files on us where under some high level security and who ever retrieved them might actually harm us.