49

CHAPTER 49 - Just Like Before

KAI POV

I walked around the Manor aimlessly after turning around and away from the kitchen. I had heard Flo's voice inside and was planing on sneaking up on her but I stopped before I can even enter the room. She was with Kris and by the looks of it they were talking about something intimate.

"Damn it." I muttered restraining myself from hitting a vase.

I was stupid enough to think that he'd back off since he seemed to be always with Astrid but then again I was wrong to be complacent enough to think that Flo will stay with me. Stupid Kai. Stupid stupid.

I kept muttering to myself angrily and decided I needed fresh air. I turned a corner and stopped when I heard someone sobbing. That someone sounded very familiar. I quicken my steps until I saw her hunched between a massive cabinet and an old also massive mirror. I immediately panicked and was angry. If Kris did something to her to make her cry like this I will not hesitate to hit him.

I took another step closer and she raised her head.

"Jong In." she said my name like a plea.

"I'm here. What's wrong?" I asked kneeling in front of her. "What's wrong Flo?" I asked again as I sat down and wiped down some of the tear steaks.

She didn't answer me but instead crawled onto my lap and buried her face into my chest still crying.

"Flo.. What's wrong love?" I asked settling myself comfortably on the floor. I ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "Can you at least tell me if I need to bring you to the doctor? Are you hurt anywhere? Just nod or shake your head."

She shook her head.

"Okay." I said and pulled her closer. "Cry away cry baby."

I felt her hand hit me softly but she continued to cry. I didn't say anything but just held her there keeping her warm. I knew that when she's ready she'll just stop crying but whatever or whoever made her cry like this is gonna pay.

After a few more minutes her crying shifted to just sniffling and I started to hum to pass the time.

"Are you humming the song from snow white?" She said softly, her voice breaking.

"Hmm?" I asked looking down at her. Her eyes were swollen from crying but she gave me a smile. "Hi ho hi ho it's off to work we go."

"You're so silly." She muttered laying back her head on my shoulder and exhaling a shuddering breath.

"Do you want to build a snowman?" I started on a new song.

"Sure."

"You're suppose to say no. I can't continue the song if you say yes."

"Sing a new one then."

"Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?"

"I like wolves."

"Look at these stuff. Isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collections complete?"

"What collection?"

"Don't cry for me Argentina!"

"That isn't a disney song."

"And I got you to stop crying."

She smiled and hugged me tight.

"Thank you Jong In."

"Anytime."

"You did find me after all."

"I'll always find you Flo. Even if it takes too long I'll always find you."