42

Chapter 42 - Secret Tunnels

KAI POV
"Hello Jong-in."

I never realize I was on the ground and running towards her. I stopped only when her surprised face filled my vision as I was about to hug her.

"Umm." She stammered and looking down.

"You said my name." I managed to gasp out. My hand reached out to tip her chin back so I can see her eyes.

Over the years I have learned to see what her eyes say with her even speaking and now I was expecting happiness to be there but instead it was guilt and sadness.

"But you don't remember." I said and took a step back letting go of her.

She sighed and shook her head.

"I'm so sorry." She said and looked away.

I reached for her hand since I also noted that she was upset.

"Hey it's okay." I said said and gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

"No it's not.. I should remember you, all of you. I should remember Luka. I – I I'm such a useless human." She said and sniffed.

"Come here you cry baby." I said and tugged her closer. Her eyes looked up to me and I had to remind myself that I can't kiss her- not yet anyway. I smiled at her instead and patted her head. "Why is it that every time I see you you're crying? I thought you hate crying."

"I thought so too maybe Min-shu transfer her tear ducts to me." She answered wiping away her tears.

"True." I said and chuckled as she looked at me in disbelief. "Minny is a cry baby and you became one too after a few months with her."

"I am not a cry baby." She said and sniffled.

"Okay Flo. Whatever you say." I said with a grin and patted her head again. She predictably swatted my hand away.

"Jong In you are such a meanie." She said with a glare that I knew was more bark then bite. I took a deep breath to steady myself from hearing her say my name again.

"What's wrong though? You look sad." I asked.

"We were drinking, what's that korean drink again?" She asked tugging on her scarf, which I recognized was Sehun's. We had brought it together for that bratty maknae.

"You were drinking? You know that you are not allowed to drink." I said.

"I know I know." She said in exasperation. She gave me another glare. "Am I really that bad when I'm drunk?"

"Nope. You're not bad, you're actually cute when you're drunk." I said and grinned as horror came upon her face.

"Oh god. Me cute? No way. Cisco and Zitao are cute I am not." She countered.

"That's because you don't remember." I answered.

"Oh right." She answered and sighed loudly.

"Okay. Now care to tell me what's wrong?" I ask and grabbed her hand. "Come on let's go take a seat."

"Oh. You were drinking too!" She exclaimed when she saw the bottle of Shoju I had with me. I took it before she can even grab it. "Can I at least take a sip?"

"Nope." I said and held it high above her.

"Pillow boy your such a mean person!" She whined and plopped down on some cushions. She gave me the evil eye as I downed the last bit and grimaced.

"You have a very low tolerance for Shoju. You can't handle even half of that." I said sitting down a cushion away from her.

"Bunch of baloney." She muttered.