53

Chapter 53 - Falling Chandeliers

FLO POV

The gravel was cold and dirty as I laid on it. My mind was reeling from the loud blast and the thought that all the people important to me were inside. He was still inside. Jong In was still inside.

"No." I mumble pushing myself up. I braced myself using my hands taking several deep breathes and did a check up on myself, other then some small scrapes I was fine. I pushed myself up to stand and looked around.

It was utter chaos, half of the historic building was now blasted to nothing while the other half was starting to catch fire. I was stunned at the destruction.

"Flo! Florence!" I heard Nikki's voice and turned around.

I felt my breath catch at the sight. Seth was in Nikki's arms and the red, his blood, was seeping fast.

"Seth! NO!" I screamed running towards them but a piece of rumble suddenly landed in front of me. I stepped to the other side and another one fell. Now it was raining fire. "Nikki!"

"Get back inside! Find Jacob and Edward! They'll get you to safety!" Nikki shouted from the other side of the flames.

"But Nikki! Seth needs-"

"Florence! If you want to help Seth get to safety so I don't have to worry about you!"

I shook my head violently as the tears started to fall. The emotions and the smoke a great trigger.

"Flo please. Find you friends and get back to the Manor."

"Nikki.."

"Find Jong In. Find your brother."

"But-"

"We'll be fine." Nikki said and I knew that she won't be fine. Seth won't be fine. "Be strong my sweet Flo."

Another blast and I heard Minny scream my name.

"Go." Nikki said, her smile wavering through the flames.

"I'm sorry." I said and turned abruptly knowing if I stayed longer I can't leave.

The image of Seth slowly dying will be forever embedded in my mind together with Nikki's broken face.

I hitched my skirt higher and cursed it impracticability. How did the women of the old age do it? Run in full skirts.

My random thoughts were stopped when I manged to get back inside the great room. Everyone was running everywhere looking for a way out.

I grabbed a couple who were running towards where I cam from.

"Let us go!" The woman screamed. Her make up now mixed with ashes. "We need to get out."

"That's a dead end over there." I answered trying to sound calm.

"Oh no!" She screamed. "How can we get out?"

"Please try the staff exit. It might lead you through the back doors." I offered.

They didn't say anything else but ran towards the doors that I pointed out. I looked around, this room was not on fire yet but the smoke was entering at an alarming rate. I squinted my eyes to look for the blush of Minny's dress or any of the boys. I needed to find them.

"Flo!" I heard someone call out my name.

It was one of the 26. I can't remember his name.

"Are you okay?" He asked grasping my shoulders.