35

Chapter 35 - Tension

KRIS

25 hours. It has been more then a day since we all received the news that Flo was alive. She was alive. Alive.

When I repeated that phrase to Sehun I was still in shock. It was our youngest who took the initiative on calling the helicopter back to fetch us and bring our asses back to Korea. It was only there we learned that she was not coming back home but was directly going to London. Paige was already packing up when we arrived. She told us that Flo needed Aiden and the Institute's machines. I almost blacked out – if that was the initial assessment it was bad. She was alive but barely.

Minny broke down again and cried so hard. Luhan comforted her as everyone started to come back. I choose to ignore most of them and they cleared out of my way. They all knew I was still so bloody mad at them. I was still mad but I was even more disappointed, especially at the imbecile named Kim Jong In.

But fate was playing her games again and we all had to take a plane ride – a 21 hour long plane ride back to London. Flo's parents had taken the private jet back to London the moment Flo was with them. That left us with no other choice but to fly together in public transportation. I had no problems with that as long as it took us there but this ridiculous delay was getting on my nerves.

"What's taking us so long?!" I demanded to a passing flight attendant. She calmly looked back at me and sighed when she recognized that it was the same person who asked the same question five minutes ago. We were currently stuck in Amsterdam.

"We are waiting for clearance from the watch tower sir. There was a sudden influx of flights going to London and Heathrow is at full capacity."

Before I can respond the Captain requested all passengers and crew to buckle up. We were being redirected to Luton. There was an uproar at once but Suho plucked my sleeve.

"Luton is closer to the Institute." He said. "I'll message one of the Aides from there to fetch us in Luton instead."

"Sounds good." I answered with a nod. He gave me a wan smile and a gentle grip on the shoulder before he settled back unto his seat.

I wanted to stay awake for the ride but what my mind wanted my body did not. It shut down a few minutes into the flight and I was shaken awake by Suho. We all bleary got off the pane and tried to navigate through the crowd of media to the cars that were waiting for us. Nikki and Edward were waiting for us. I didn't even have to ask since Nikki knew what we all wanted to hear.

"She's still in operation." She said to us as we divided into two groups. Edward must be relaying the news to the others in the other car.

"How and why?" Luhan asked wrapping an arm around Minny's shoulders.

"Bullet to the head and a couple of other wounds." Nikki said closing her eyes and I caught the weariness that had taken a toll on her. Other then us it was them who had to take most of the burn from everyone, it was their duty to keep Flo safe and they failed. Even though we all knew how it went they still blamed themselves heavily.

"F***." I said.

"Indeed." Minny muttered. She reached out to grip my hand noticing that I was starting to shake in furry as I imagined what had transpired. "We're lucky she's alive."

"The bullet hit her in the a thick part of the skull and the gun used was a relic which had a low punch." Nikki continued. Her eyes now full of purpose. "We have yet to know the full extent of the damage. Aiden had pulled out early in the surgery since he was too emotional. A group of his colleagues replaced him."