31

CHAPTER 31 - To Freedom or Bust

FLO

"We're going to die. This is insane." Ori lamented as we stood at the edge of the gaping hole in the floor.

"No we are not going to die. Well, probably Flo and I, you on the other hand will just land like a badass Enhanced." Cisco answered to Ori. "I actually like the name Flo."

"We all have Astrid to thank for that." I answered ignoring Ori's glares. I looked at the other girl beside me who was leaning over the hole with a curious expression. Her red hair fanning behind her. Sometimes I think I can see sparks of electricity from it.

"Are we going to jump Miss Flo?"Astrid asked, her Scottish accent so prominent it makes me think of that Pixar movie Brave.

"Like Cisco said jumping will cause mine and his death. You and Ori can jump if you want but I'll use the ladder." I answered with a smile. "I painted it with camouflage paint. It's right here."

I reached out and felt the cool metal of the ladder.

"Camouflage paint? Why can't we just paint ourselves with it then?" Ori retorted.

"Ori it's just paint not mutant chameleon genes. The object needs to be stationary so for the paint to take effect." I answered. "Stop worrying to much. That is why we're testing this out so we can check if it's safe."

"How did you two convince me again?" Ori asked me.

"We didn't." Cisco said with a grin and grabbed the rails of the ladder. He disappeared in a blink of an eye.

"Francisco!" Ori shouted. "We have the ladder for a purpose you know."

"I know but that was more fun!" Cisco's voice answered from the darkness. "And it's Cisco!"

Ori grumbled loudly, gave me another glare and jumped into the hole feet first. We didn't hear her land but Cisco's startled gasp indicated that Ori has caught him.

"After you Astrid." I said indicating the hole. "Jump or climb. I'll close the trap door after."

Astrid gave me a nod and grabbed the rails. She climbed down nimbly which left me and ED. I glanced up to my flying robot which Ori has now called the flying Tarantula.

"Continuing playing the false video loop and keep up the holograms until we come back ED." I said. "But I'm giving you authority to enable Program Escape if something bad matters."

"By bad do you mean you not returning mistress?" ED asked. He bobbed in the air two of his arms ready to help the tube, our trap door, move back into it's place covering the hole.

"Yep." I said, proud of what I had done with the robot. "I'll see you later."

"Take care Mistress." ED said. He hovered above the hole as I started to descend, he switched on one of his lights to guide me down.

"Thanks ED." I said as I carefully went down. As much as I wished to climb down faster my still healing ribs and back won't cooperate and there is Ori ordering me to take easy step like a baby. I finally reached the dirt floor. ED's light disappeared but was quickly replaced by a glowing megawatt blub. Astrid was holding it.

"Who needs flashlights eh?" She said holding aloft the blub.

"Lumos!" Cisco shouted with matching hand movement.

"Cissy you need to say the spell before it is done not after." I said with a grin.

"Oh crap. I'll fail at hogwarts." Cisco said.