45

Chapter 45 - Steel Toe Shoes

FLO POV

I hum along the song as I watched the video on the tablet. I was finally allowed a piece of technology but it was still set on certain limitations. For starters no internet. No content from the years that I can't remember. It was sad yet I tried to look at it from the bright side, at least I can play games to pass the time.

I smile as I heard footsteps and he sat down beside me.

"Did you escape your lessons again?" Jong In asked me.

"Nope. I'm a hologram." I answered.

"Oh. Too bad. I'll eat this while you watch then." He said taking out a box.

"Food!" I exclaimed grabbing the box with glee. I tried to tear the top part off but it won't come off. Jong In snorted as I tried again.

"Here you toddler. Let a grown up do it." He said taking the box and tearing it open in one go. I beamed happily as different colored chocolates came tumbling into my hand.

"Thank you Mr. Grown Up!" I exclaimed and popped a chocolate into my mouth, then promptly spat it out. "That tasted gross! What is this?!"

Jong In laughed loudly as I glared at him.

"It was inspired by that different flavored beans from Harry Potter. Different flavored chocolate." Jong In explained as I examined a pink one.

"What's this flavor?" I asked.

"That should be bubble gum." he answered

"Okay!" I said and ate it. Jong In laughed again as I spat the chocolate out. "That tasted like candle wax!"

"How did you know it tasted like candle wax? Have you tasted real candle wax Flo?" He teased shielding his face as I tried to hit him.

"I won't eat anymore." I huffed out.

"Fine by me." He said eating one. I waited for his face to turn sour but he grinned instead. "Blueberry!"

"Not fair!" I whined and ate another one. "Why am I getting all the bad ones!"

I spatted out the chocolate trying to get the taste of curd out of my taste budz.

"Poor Flo." He said with a chuckle.

"I want blueberry too!" I said. I eyed the handful I still had on my hand. "Pick one for me Jong In."

"Let me see." He said surveying the chocolates. He plucked one. "Do you trust me?"

"Should I?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"No you shouldn't."

I grabbed his hand and ate the chocolate he was holding.

"Caramel!" I said with glee as he stared at me. I swallowed loudly. "Pick me another one."

He wordlessly handed me another one after a moment. I plucked it from his hand and took a bite. I held out the other half to him.

"Do you trust me?"

"Always."

He took the half and ate it. His eyes widen as he spat it out.

"I trusted you, your fluffy brat!"

"You're way too serious." I commented as I also spitted out the piece I was holding in my mouth. "Soy Sauce tasted great didn't it?"

"Khan!" He complained as he tried to pinch my arm but I managed to slip away the last minute. "How did you even hold it for do long? That tasted awful."