36

Chapter 36 - Awake

KRIS

"Of course we came back for her." Ori exclaimed after Mrs. Khan asked. "But it was too long. I'm so sorry Mistress Khan."

"Please stop calling me that. You should like one of our AIs." Mrs. Khan said.

"I apologize Mrs. Khan." Ori said looking at her hands.

"That sounds much better and it's alright dear but please do continue." Mrs. Khan said patting Ori's hand.

We all had calmed down a bit after the short break. Calm enough not to shout at every other sentence but well all knew the tension was still there.

"We all had managed to get to craven. Shaken and distraught at what happened. Everyone was asking where Flo us but we, the group who had watched as she was dragged away, were to shocked to answer." Ori said not looking at any of us. "It was a few minutes later when Astrid managed to answer the questions."

"Who's Astrid?" Minny asked.

"Another enhanced like me." Ori answered. "Her powers are different them mine."

"What is it?" Sehun asked curiosity taking the best of him.

"Electricity." Ori answered. "And I don't know how or why she is like that. Only Flo knows."

"Of course all of us was still reeling from what happened." Cisco continued when Ori had to take a sip from her glass of water. "It was sort of useless and hopeless, we did not know what to do. Then Marco-"

"Another enhanced?" Minny interrupted.

"No. Marco was an organ bank." Cisco said making every gasp.

"Organ bank? What is this a freaking horror movie?" Chanyeol asked loudly.

"Most of what the level had contained were donor banks. Flo hasn't completely explained it to me yet but she said there was an ongoing pattern of genes for every experiment expect that ones that were enhanced. They were a different a different experiment. And there were also a group that was solely there just to be guinea pigs." Cico answered, his demeanor sobering. "If this is a movie then I darn hope this is not the end."

"No it is not. She has to wake up first and give us a long, lengthy and logical explanation to her crazy actions." Ori said closing his eyes and rubbing the bridge of her nose. "Gosh that girl drives me crazy."

"Welcome to the club." Sehun muttered.

Ori glanced at him and smirked. Sehun blinked, looked at me and back at her and chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I demanded.

"This will take a while before we all get used to this. We had to get used to your arrogant face and now we have two." Sehun answered.

"Thanks Sehun." I snorted at him.

"Anytime mate." Sehun answered with a salute.

"Do you want Cisco to continue?" Ori demanded.

"Wow she's even impatient like you are Kris." Sehun said and before he can say more I stuffed his mouth with a scone. I glanced at Cisco and gave a nod for him to continue.

"Okay.. So Marco stepped forward and handed me another tablet. Ori demanded him to tell us how he got it and he answered that Flo gave it to him a few days before instructing him to give it only when we were all in the craven, he never knew that Flo didn't have plans on joining us. That tablet contained instructions on how to turn on a force field." Cisco said. "I told her before that making a force field was sort of impossible because we didn't have a stable energy source."