59

Chapter 59 - Airborne

FLO POV

Seeing the naked fear on Jong In's features was more than enough motivation for me to move. I slung the rifle over my shoulder, grabbed the extra modified bullets and then held his hand.

"Come on," I said as a loud blast sounded from outside. "There must be a surveillance system integrated into this cottage. We have to see how many our visitors are."

"The most probable location would be the spare closet in Nana and Gus's bedroom." Jong In answered holding my hand tightly.

"Great. Come on let's go." I led the way towards the bedroom of our missing guardians and pushed the door open. The smell of lemons and honey invaded my nostrils as we entered. That was one of Gus' favorite scents. "Here we go."

I opened the closet door and Jong In was right. It had a pretty advanced surveillance system for a house that was a tad bit isolated. Various screens showed several viewpoints around the house and a couple the are directed a few meters away from the house but one caught my attention immediately.

"Okay we have two back at the driveway and -" I counted the men currently firing at the house.

"Is th-that him?" Jong In stammered his hand trembling as he pointed to one of the screens. I looked at it and true enough my nightmare was there.

He was standing calmly beside the car with an appraising look. The hood of his coat fell from the wind and Jong In gasped loudly. I grabbed his arm and swung him away from the screen where Abaddon was showing.

"He's not going to harm you," I said to him amazed at how calm I was.

"How is he even alive?" Jong In muttered.

"The magic of science and the butchery of the innocent," I said and grasped his face. "But I won't let him get to you. I promise."

"Don't you dare promise me that. I know what you mean when you promise me that. No." Jong In said, his gaze hard as I looked up at him.

"Just saying I'll shoot him before he can even take a step towards you," I said. "Trust me Jong In. He is sick and twisted and if he can he won't grant me instant death. He likes to make people suffer and he knows that harming you would be sheer agony to me. His target is you Jong In. I will use everything here in this house to stop that from happening."

"I want to help. I can help. I know how to defend myself." Jong In answered his eyes so determined.

"I know you can," I said and let go of him. I pulled out a handgun and handed it to him. "Taser handgun. I place that setting to knock them unconscious."

"So what's the plan?" He asked pocketing the handgun.

"I'm going to pick them out one by one. This rifle has an advanced sniper scope that feeds what it sees to one of these screens and I plan to use that to my advantage but I need your help." I said and he nodded. "I want you to stay here-"

"No!"

"Jong In. I need you to stay here so you can watch the screens and direct me on where to shoot."

"You don't plan on going out there do you?"

"No. I just need to go to the attic. The best position to shoot."

"How will I direct you."

"I think I saw some radios."

I went out of the closet and saw the two radios sitting on the dresser and a phone, a satellite phone. As I started to walk back to the closet I felt a sudden wave of dizziness and roughly held onto a cabinet. It banged against the wall making a strange sound. I held on the wall until I reached the doorway of the closet, squinting I saw something glisten noting it was embedded in the wood. I leaned closer to inspect it when Jong In called me.