52

Chapter 52 - Back with a Bang

FLO POV

The powder being dusted on my nose was making it itchy. I wrinkled my nose and my hand raised to scratch it only to be smacked away by the make up artist who was, by the way, Korean. She told me to call her Eoniee Cha-eun.

"Ah ah. No Flo." She reprimanded.

"But it's itches." I was about to whine some more but Minny stuffed my mouth with kim bap, which was delicious. I chewed but glared at her who stuck her tongue at me, how mature.

She was already finished and the first time I saw her made up I just stared at her for a full minute. She looked so beautiful. Luhan was equally turned speechless beside me. We both squealed likes toddlers when we recovered our vocabulary. After that Luhan was booted out of the room by his girlfriend.

As for the other boys, they came and went constantly checking up on us and bringing us food and telling me how to act at the ball since the event was a very public affair. That last part sort of made me anxious since they all looked anxious.

"Knock knock!" We heard my brother call out from the other side of the door. "Can the brother go inside?"

Minny rolled her eyes after saying that Ren always liked to be the first one to see me. She stood to get the door, the blush fabric of her gown shimmering in the light. It reminded me of cherry blossoms.

Ren went inside and I heard Luka exclaiming how pretty Minny was. I smiled as my adorable nephew entered my field of view with wide eyes.

"Hi mochi." I greeted. "Do I look pretty baby?"

He nods vigorously. He them beamed as he held out a sunflower to me. I smiled back taking the flower and ran a hand on my nephew's cheek. Still smiling he clambered onto my lap. I was expecting another reprimand from Eoniee Cha-eun but she just sighed and poked Luka's nose earning a giggle from the child.

"Already a lady killer!" I exclaimed tickling him.

"Oneesa! Tickles!" Luka said but was laughing with glee.

"Well you're almost done." The make up artist replied. A final brush of rouge and a spray of hair spray and I was finally done.

"Great! Can I see myself now?" I asked holding onto Luka.

"Nope. Wear your gown first." Minny said picking up Luka and handing it to Ren who was uncharacteristically quiet. "Go Khan."

"Sheeze so bossy." I complained as I stood up and walked to assigned changing area.

I looked up the gown and gulped. It looked so beautiful to be worn by just a simple girl like me. I reached out to touch the soft material amazed at how intricate the whole design was. Minny gave me the coverage I wanted and since I had no issues with showing my arms she went with no sleeves. What made me see Minny in a new light, the light of how amazing as a designer she was, when she changed the paneling of a simple dense lace to a beautiful embroidered folded wings design. It made me feel like an angel which was exactly what Minny wanted. Then the gold embossed crescents were such a delicate touch.

"I wonder if I like crescent moons?" I mused to myself as I stared at the gown. The subtle blue to white ombre shined from the light.

"Flo?" Minny slipped in beside me. "What are doing staring at it? Go change."

"It's just so beautiful My Min. I don't know if I'm-"

"Stop with that thought." Minny said her eyes flashing. She gently grasped my shoulders. "You deserve this gown. I made it for you and you alone. You are my muse Flo. Always was."