30

Chapter 30 - Live Wires

ORIANNA

"I just realized something." I said out loud stopping Flo from fixing whatever contraption is was tinkering with.

"Do share the epiphany." Flo said with a smirk.

"You may have Stockholm syndrome." I said.

"Sure Ori and you have Lima Syndrome." Flo answered rolling her eyes at me and resumed her tinkering.

"Flo I'm serious. I'm try to look for an explanation as to why you don't hate me." I mused, handing her a screwdriver when she signaled for one. Cisco was currently still curled in his bed.

"I don't easily get to hate people Ori. I try to understand them first before hating them." Flo answered. "For your case you were operating under orders. You could have been killed if you did not follow. I understand that and I can't hate you because of reasons you can't control."

"I kidnapped you." I argued.

"No you did not. I willingly came with you. Trust me I am a very hard person to kidnap. I won't come that easily." Flo said. "Why are you so bothered about this?"

"It's just.. you're too forgiving." I said with a shrug.

"With understanding comes forgiveness." Flo answered with a smile. "Now give me a minute so I can concentrate here and not screw my hands to the floor."

I watched her as she fired up the hand held machine driller apparently giving up on the manual one. Her brows were scrunched as she drilled. The noise filled the space but stopped after a few seconds.

"There we go. That will stop the leak." Flo said wiping her brow. She sat down heavily on the floor and started to look for something to wipe her hands on, seeing none she wiped them on my pants. I let her do so. She looked up at me when she was finally done.

"What's wrong Ori?" She asked softly.

"Why is the world so unfair to you Flo?" I asked back.

"The world is never fair Ori. You should have learned that a long time ago." Flo answered. "For me I just focused on the bright side, the fun happy times. I look at the bad times as lessons while the great times as gifts. All of them have a reason."

"Is this a bad time then?" I asked a bit saddened.

"No. Right now, right here. No this is a good time." Flo said with a smile patting my hand. "You should stop thinking you forced me here, which you did not. I told you my story so you can understand why I came with you. It was not just because of your brother but it because of them. Nobody forced me to do so."

"But if things were not manipulated, if I didn't play to your weakness -" I said but Flo stopped me with a wave of her hand. Her eyes full of pain yet understanding.

"I know what I choose. It might be due to some situations but my reaction to it is solely based on my own judgment. It might be considered stupid but.." She paused and look down at her hands. She took a deep breathe and looked at me again. "You showed me several sides of my life I didn't know exist. How fragile it was and how bad I was handling it. You gave the push, what everyone's reaction was what they felt. Would I want it to end in another way yes of course but Ori. . I had a good run. I'm just so tried of everything outside of this island. You gave me the escape. I willing took it."

"I am still to blame." I insisted.

"Yes of course. So is Master, General Pilak. Even my friends.." Flo said saying the last word softly. I can almost feel the pain she felt. "Everyone is too blame for this bloody mess."