62

62 - Are You Ready for It?

KAI POV

It was funny the we all sighed a sigh of relief when Tao was finally awake and he immediately complained of the IV needle piercing his skin like it was the most painful thing in the world. Minny started to cry again after that which had all of us moving to try to console her except that she insisted that she was just happy, really happy. Flo smiled at her and hugged Tao gently. It was a pretty calm scene on which everyone seemed to be able to take a deep breath and gather our bearings.

But of course when was our life ever that peaceful for so long?

Flo had noticed it first, then was shoving herself off the bed and running towards me. I automatically opened my arms but was confused when she ran past me. We all look back as she caught Orianna as she was about to collapse on the floor. Orianna's hair was now all blonde, gone was the dark brown color.

Everything became chaotic again. Orianna was on the floor when Flo ordered us to call the medical staff, Aiden and Cisco she then started to pump Orianna's chest. I felt like it was deja vu. The staff finally came and Flo ran out with them, she ran despite her leg just recently being patch up.

And so that left us to wait. I hate waiting, that feeling of being out of the loop and not knowing what will happen next. It was scary most especially if a person you care about is in the fray. I hate waiting because it made me feel hopeless.

Most of us had dozed off when the door opened and Flo with Cisco came in. Cisco was like a shadow of his bubbly self and Flo tucked him in a bed before looking around.

I waved her over and she gave me a weary smile as she plopped on the bed. She snuggled into me and wrapped her arms around me as I did the same.

"How is she?" I whispered.

"Alive but it was hard to stabilize her. We had to push in so much of that Vitamin serum into her and we had no tube to stick her into." She answered and yawned. "It's such a mess despite of Abaddon being gone."

Abaddon died. Flo's parent's told us that Abaddon died of unknown cause in the secure prison he was. We had no idea if it was true or not. Although Flo did tell me that Cisco told her that some of the Enhanced had sneaked out one night and came back at the crack of down. They were all smiles and said to Cisco that no one will ever harm him and Flo again.

Flo told her parents and her security team but no one seemed to do anything. Then the Institute released the story of Abaddon, his cruel history and his involvement in the current tragedies.

"I really want to sleep but I'm hungry." Flo muttered as an unknown lump rose from one of the beds.

"Is Flo back?" It was Sehun.

"Hi Baby." Flo said sitting up after she kissed my cheek. She walked to Sehun and sat on his bed. She reached out and placed her palm on our maknae's cheek. "How are you?"

"I'm a bit homesick." Sehun answered.

"More like you miss your girlfriend." Someone that sounded like Chen quipped.

A pillow was thrown at the general direction of Chen and of course, someone else got hit.

"Hey! That hurt!"Beakhyun complained sitting up rubbing his head. "Is Fluff back?"

"My name is Flo." Flo complained.

"I wasn't talking about you." Baekhyun answered. "Not everything is about you Florence."

"Whatever Bacon." Flo retorted.

"Guys. You'll wake up Tao." Minny shushed us. She rolled over to pat Flo's hand since she was on the bed beside Sehun with Luhan. "There's food in the other room for you and Cissy."