58

58 - Cursed

"Master the Institute is receiving an unknown message and it's live." A young man in front of the computer said to the man pacing behind him.

The man stopped and placed a hand on the shoulder of the younger one. The younger one visibly stiffened as the older man leaned closer.

"This generations technology is always so fascinating. Imagine what I could have done if I had these back then." The man whom they called Master leaned forward. "Can you hack the communication line."

"We got kicked out of level 3. The Institute is retaliating and it's vicious Master." Another man said in front of another computer.

"No mater. That communication line that is sending that live message. Access that one." Master said and he felt the young man in front of him cringe as his computer screen when black. "What happened?"

"That hacking program you gave us was remotely disabled." The young man replied and sighed as the screen blinked to blue. "They basically destroyed my computer, I can't believe it was that fast. If this is Florence Khan she is indeed an incredible force to be reckon with."

"A atomic bomb exploding is just as majestic but if you continue to admire it it will cause you your death." Master replied, his tone cold.

"Master I tried to follow the code of the communication line and it led to no where. It was a black abyss. Nothing was there even the communication line sending the message we can't pinpoint it exactly, we only know that it's connected to the Institute." Another hacker, Master had three of the best according to the now deceased Pilak, said from his table.

"That's her faraday program. It shielded my island from the international web. Brilliant piece of coding. Such a waste." Master said muttering the last part in disgust.

"It's amazing." The young man who's computer is dead commented.

Master silently drew out his gun, clicked the safety off and placed the barrel against the hacker's head. The young man instantly froze and Master can hear his heartbeat accelerating.

"Do you want me to send your love to her together with your head?" He asked softly, almost like he was asking a child if they wanted ice cream.

"No sir." the hacker answered and Master was slightly impressed that the young man didn't stutter. He withdrew the gun and moved away from them to observe the skyline of London.

"Master I managed to get to level 4." One said and grimaced. "And got kicked out."

"Doesn't matter now." Master replied with a smile that made his face even more terrifying. "We have the list of their safe houses. Do your magic and see if Lady Khan is in any of those which I doubt."

"Yes Master." The three answered.

"Also check out the trusted people of their family who is not on that list and is on a remote location accessible by a land vehicle." Master added. "Get to work."

"Yes master." They chorused.

+++++

FLO POV

I felt Jong In tense beside me and he started to move away. I immediately reached out and grabbed his arm.

"Never mind then. It's not important." I said tightening my grip as he sat up. He sighed and pried my hand off his arm. He didn't let go of it though, he held it gently.

"It is Flo. It is important." He answered. "Because of my stupidity, my pride. Because of the person who's name that belongs to this all happened."