60

Chapter 60 - Batman

FLO

I guess I finally got to go cliff diving. 

I thought to myself as I closed my eyes. Flashes of my life passed before me in my mind, jumbled, distorted mixed with dark and happy moments.

Abaddon was screaming murder and he manages to get a hold of me. His hand latched onto my shoulder and I almost lost consciousness from the pain but I had to push through.

I used the momentum of us falling to put myself on top and rammed my elbow into his face. Blood splattered everywhere and he finally let go of me. I added a kick to his chest for go measure and watched as he fell faster.

I spread my arms in a vain attempt to slow my fall but it was useless. I was out of time unless I want to die. I pulled out the other gun I had taken from Gus stash and hope to god it was what I think it was.

It had a round ring at its end and I hastily clipped it on the hoops of my pants. Let's also hope Levi's is indeed made with quality.

I aim for the cliffs, pulled the trigger and I can't help but shout as a metal tip shot out of the gun, unfurled into a hook and followed by black thin rope.

The moment I stopped jarred my body and I swore I can feel the waistband of my pants cut into my skin. I wasn't out of harm yet. I started to swing fast towards the cliffs.

"Bloody f***ing hell," I muttered as my legs buckled from the impact and I placed my arms forward to stop the second slam on the cliff wall. My nails searched for something to hold on to but there was none. I felt myself swing away again and the next one my face slammed against the wall.

"I hate you momentum." I cursed but at least I had stopped swinging.

My body was aching everywhere but I was breathing. I was alive, bloody, sore and broken bones but alive.

"FLORENCE! FLORENCE!" I heard Gus shouting my name but from his position, he can't see me.

"I'm oka- Ow! No, I'm not." I shouted back as I felt blood trickle from my back where my pants were cutting my skin. Also, I don't think this batman like grappling hook can't hold me for that long. "Gus! I took you batman gun."

"Well good thing you did!" Gus said. "Where exactly are you Kid?"

"A few hundred meters down. I think I should go down fully to the ground before the hook gives up." I answered and started to fiddle with the gun. I found a small button and as I pressed it I felt the rope slacken and I was falling.

My scream was cut short as I pressed the button again.

"Florence! Stop whatever you are doing. I'm coming down." Gus ordered but his voice now sounded far away. I looked up then down and I was almost on the ground. I felt small pieces of rocks falling on me and looked up to see the grappling hook was starting to wiggle out from the cliff face.

"I can't the hook is slowly loosening up and I'm just a few meters from the ground. I'll wait for you there!"I replied and pressed the button again gently this time as my heart pounded loudly. I slowly rappelled down and my knees gave up ones I was on solid ground.

I took a few deep breaths and steeled myself from the pain. I unlatched the clip of the batman gun and pulled out the revolver.

I was alive and so might be Abaddon. I paused and listen close and heard him. I slowly walked towards the source of the gun aimed and my finger ready to pull the trigger.