Lachlan is in the Army Part 2 Ending 1

~Lachlan's Pov~

Gunshots ring through my ears. I take deep heavy breaths slowing them down, calming down. An explosion near me sends dirt shooting up and around me.

I hear the sounds of the fellow men moving along. I've steadied my breathing. Grabbing my gun and resting a hand on the strap of my back I start to walk to the edge of the piece of concrete.

The men on the other piece of the rubble were covering me. They all crossed and there was two of us left on this piece. James one of the fellow men crouched clutching his chest, red seeping on to his hands. I take my chance and rush to him. The two behind me follow in the rush to catch up.

I hear a yell as one of them gets shot. I finish wrapping James up and rush to the comrade dragging him to shelter.

Pain shoot through my leg and I hiss in the pain. I finish wrapping him up as we move on.

Running through the field a helicopter comes down to get us out.

Land mines were going off. On our sides we continued running. My crew jumped on the heli.

Behind me a landline sent me falling.

Black spots start to cover my vision as everything blurs. My ragged breathing shakes my body as I clutch my sides.

Through it all I see Vik running for me. He's dressed up in gear himself like my comrades. He has the plus sign on his helmet. A medic.

I scoops me up and holds me in his arms. I slowly close my eyes waiting for him to drag me out, drag me home. Instead he starts singing.

"You are my sunshine my only sunshine." His voice soft and melodic. Singing the words of a lovely song.

"You make me happy when sky's are grey," he sings stroking my hair.

"You'll never know dear how much I love you," he smiles at me leaning in for a kiss.

Pain shoots through me as I try to move towards him.

"Please don't take my sunshine away." Vik songs the last verse leaving me.

My throat goes raw as I scream in pain. I reach towards him and my hand goes through his leg.

Despite the breaking of the laws of physics I call for him.
"Vik come back!" I collapse on my side as darkness consumes me.

The fleeting thought of Vik singing to me is the last thing in my consciousness.

~Vik's Pov~

I drop the phone.

He's gone. I'm a widow. Me and my child are alone. It's over.

I fall to the floor in tears. This can't be real. How will we get through this? How will Grinesa react how am I supposed to tell her?

I hear the creaks in the wood floor and padding comeing towards me. Grinesa stands there with the Great Dane and sit by me.

"Daddy why are you crying?" She asks so sweetly.

I hold back a sob. I have to be strong for her. She's a 4 year old she's too young.  She won't understand. I have to be strong for her.

I wipe my eyes and do my best to smile at her. I can't handle it and drop my head in me hands.

I feel her scoot closer to me and give me a hug. I let her. I wrap my arms around her and hold her. She's all I have.

Slowly I'm able to calm down.

Shakily I speak, "Grinesa. Something bad happened."

I close my eyes not even wanting to say it. She's so young.

"We won't be seeing Daddy K any more." My voice hitches.

She looks at me with doe like eyes.

"What do you mean," she simply asks.

I sigh, tears streaming down my face.

"We won't be seeing Daddy K anymore. He left remember. And he's not coming back," I said crying, clutching the small child.

"Why did he stay where he left. I thought he said he'd come back. Then we would get some ice cream right?" She says slightly shaking.

"This may be confusing now but you will understand when you are older ok? It'll be alright we can still have ice cream. And one day we will see him," I tell her trying to convince her as I am myself.

~time skip 6 years~

Grinesa lays down the flowers and sits by the grave.

"So tell Daddy what happened these last few months honey," I tell her softly and grab her hand.

"Well Daddy Kangaroo," she giggles, "I turned 10. Isn't that a pretty big number. It's called double digits. I'm what you would call a pre teen now. See I'm too big for a bunch of things. I know a lot now. I know you are happy that we are happy and I know we will see you again. I've learned a lot since last time. Recently we went to Disney land. It was really fun. We went on a lot of rides. I wish you could be here. Even after all this time we still miss you horribly. I also learned some words in school like striving." She speaks eyes staring at the sky telling her father recent events.

Things have been shaky. Sometimes I'm deeply troubled at night. It just doesn't go away. But I've learned to accept what happened. I've learned that keeping your memory alive and being able to live, truly is ok.

I watch our daughter ramble on and on going onto tangents.

She's doing alright Lachlan. Sometimes I'm worried I can't be able to fill in your place. I knew I was going to be the stricter one. I did alright don't you think?

"And that's what has happened recently," Grinesa finished with a sigh.

"Are you ready to go sweety," I ask her.

"Yea. I love you daddy." She says getting up, brushing her skirt.

"Alright can you help me up," I tease.

She pulls on my hand and grunts.

"Come ooooon," she strains trying to pull me up.

I laugh and eventually get up.

"Let's go for some ice cream huh." I suggest smiling.

"Of course," she squeals.

"Ok. But. Raceyoutothecar," I laugh and take of in a jog towards our car.

~Lachlan's Pov~

I'm so proud of you. I wish I could be with you.

This was way too long coming but here is an ending hope you all enjoyed.