Meant to be part 2

It's here.

~Lachlan's Pov~
It has been hundreds of years since I left my house. You kind of lose track of time when your immortal. Life just blends.

I now live amongst the immortals themselves deep in a forest. Here it's not what you would think it is. It's just a couple of small areas spread out where we live. On the outside it is rather old and abandoned. Through a secret, nearly impossible twists and turns you open a door a and inside, it's where we live. Inside is not as old as the outside, inside is what you would find in a typical modern house except, with a lot more technology. We need to keep track of what happens.

Anyways we aren't supposed to go out often unless we are sent out. I never listened to that. Looks like I understand why they can be so bitter.

********************************

I was traveling once again. This time I was in London. There was this really cool coffee shop and ordered some new drink with a weird name.

Sitting down I saw this cute guy walk in. I watched him order a drink and sit at the table across from me. I stand up and stride right over to his table leaning on the back of the chair in front of him.

"Hey cutie what are you doing here," I said winking at him.

He giggles. Boy is he cute.

"Gettin coffee, need that caffeine to keep me up." He smiles up at me. British accent, nice.

"How much was your coffee mate," I ask him getting my wallet out.

"Oh I don't know 4€," he turns his head to the side. He looks good at this angle.

I place 4€ on the table and slide them to him.

"Here, for your drink. Mind if I sit down," I pull the chair out not waiting for an answer.

He looks up at me wide eyed mouth gaping open. "I-I can't take this," he stutters shoving the money back to me.

"Take it. Your are cute. What's your name?" I simply say.

I rolls his eyes and blushes. "I'm Vik," Vik sticks out his hand.

"And I'm Lachlan nice to meet you," I shake it.

From that moment I knew something clicked.

********************************

I spent time with this Vik. He was so sweet, so gentle and loving. However, unlike me, he didn't last for eternity.

********************************

We started a life together. Together was something I was so happy with. The people around the village never were fun. That's why I always left. That's how I met this cute boy.

We started talking over the phone and meeting every few weeks. From there things took off. He invited me to his house and things got frisky. I took a decision and decided to live with him. We have now adopted a child and everything just is falling in place.

At least that's what I thought. Vik questioned why I was never aging. It was tough explaining it but it eventually came through.

I never realized the importance of of the information was. I never knew it would take away the one I loved.

********************************

"Lachlan, babe would you come help me with this box," I hear Vik yell.

"Coming," I replied setting down my pencil. I was working on something extra special for him.

I rush down the stairs and lift most of the weight. He gives me a weak smile. He tried to help carry the box but I was capable on my own.

********************************

Random memories of random events help fill the void of endless days. I creep around my house deeply hidden in the woods mourning the loss of such a great person. I keep photos of him close and the memories that play through my head closer. Nothing in this world feels joyful anymore and there is no escape. I've contemplated to give myself in to the government but I was saved.

My breathe taken away once more as a camper got lost and stumbled along my house.

********************************

Not wanting anything to do with other beings I reluctantly opened the door. It creeks from years of being unused. A soft face greets me it has a familiar feel but is different. Something inside me sparks but I still feel empty.

The guy speaks with a shaken voice, "C-c-can y-you help m-me p-p-p-please. I-I lost the rest of-f my friends and and its cold."

I grunt and let him in as much as I loath humans I let him in. I was over to the stove and start heating up a simple soup to warm up the thing while it walks over to a fire.

********************************

Vik love fire places. He made sure that we had one in the house. In the winter he loved going out into the snow and coming back in just to warm up.

In the winter I had to make sure that we had all the s'more supplies to make sure that when we come back in from the snow we can have s'mores. I loved watching him enjoy himself by the fire. He was always just happy watching it and he never sat by the fire without making s'mores.

********************************

I snap out of the thought trying to process what the man said.

"Excuse me I'm sorry to ask again but do you have any s'more ingredients?" The guy said shyly.

I nodded slowly and get the graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows. I always had s'mores ready because they reminded me of Vik.

The kid set the supplies down and watched the fire and warmed his hands.

He turns around to me nervously and asks, "You're Lachlan right?"

I stand there shocked. No one should know who I am besides the other immortals. I outlived everyone else. Could he be from the government.

He interruptes my thoughts by saying, "Don't worry Lachlan I was sent by the other immortals. They were worried about you and I figured out who I am years ago. I'm Preston."

Being away from other people for so long I don't know what has gone on recently so what knolage do I have that he is lying.

I give him a warm smile and welcome him to my house. He seems like a good guy, he has a bright smile similar to Vik's.

********************************

Decades pass and I've figured it out. Preston acts so much like Vik. He might not have the same origin and look but he was definitely Vik.

We moved back in with the rest of the immortals. One of the oldest immortal helped me figure out how this could happen and if it's true or not.

"Lachlan, as the years go on people cycle through. As the stars aligned to make us immortal, they aligned just perfectly to where the one you loved has been reincarnated and happened to be immortal. Congrats Lachlan you get to spend eternity with Vik, or well Preston."

With my centuries of mourning. Those years don't matter anymore, not now that I have eternal happiness.

Telling Preston wasn't difficult he loved learning about immortality. It definitely is a subject that has a lot to wrap your head around.

Preston wasn't exactly like Vik he is actually just so much more. He has many of Vik qualities but he has his own personality and I just love him.

Maybe being immortal might no be so bad after all of I can get it on with Preston ;)

Hiiiiii sorry this is a tad late I had some trouble with it hope you enjoyed it I loved the prompt and o hoped I lived it out ok <3