Stuck

~Lachlan's Pov~

"Come on Vik you can do it!" I encourage my friend.

"Just grab that branch. No not that one the one to your left. Ok now put your foot in that little nook," I guide him up the tree. He responds with several grunts of effort.

"Here I'll help you move out of the way so I can get down." I tell him as I turn around. I grab a branch and gracefully swing down.

When I land I brush my pants and straighten my shirt turning to Vik.

"Alright try to get to the same position you were in earlier," I help guide him.

He nods at me and grab a branch and sets his foot into a nook on the tree.

"All right now try to walk your feet up into the crook between the two branches and try to swing with your arms. I'll be down here to help push you." I blush a little saying the words. It's great to have a best friend to hang out with and if you have a crush on them it's even better.

I watch him do as I told him and I walk under him and push his back up taking some weight of his arms. With that little boost he scrambles up to the branches.

"Alright climb up some more branches and be careful I'm coming up too," I called up to him.

"Ok," Vik shakily said back as he slowly disappears up through the branches.

I smile proud at him and climb up with ease.

When I got to the branch he was on and he lets go of the branch and starts clutching on to me with a tight grip.

I blush and wrap my arms around him, "Don't worry I won't let you fall."

He pulls himself into my chest. I hold him loving the feeling of his warm body against the chilly air.

I pay him on his back, "Let's go higher so we can see the sky, trust me it'll be great."

I looks at me with huge doe like eyes, filled with adventure sparkling with fear.

I start navigating my way through the branches. When I would be away from him I would climb this tree and just enjoy the world around me. Listen to the sounds. Smell the morning dew and the late night aura. I watch as the colors of the sky change is why I always come back.

I noticed things were starting to get dark so I decided that I should share the beauty to Vik.

I stand on the highest supporting branch and look towards the setting sun.

I feel Vik come up by my side and hesitantly stand up. I lean against part of a branch and look at him.

The way he looks at the sky. I watch his face go through the motions as he stares in awe at the sky. He turns to me eyes sparkling.
"It's beautiful," he whispers.

I nod smiling at his reaction. He scoots closer to me and I wrap my arm around him. We watch as the sun slowly makes its way down the sky. The colors just dancing and blending, turning darker as the night rises.

In the dark sky the stars start winking at us. A cold breeze blows and Vik scoots closer to me. I hold him in my arms a bit looking down at him as he stares at the sky.

"Something different from the computer screen huh,"I scoff at him with a smirk. He looks completely in awe at the sky and nods. He is the real beauty to look at. The sky. Well the sky can't really compare to what is in my arms.

I feel Vik start to shiver.

"Hey lets get down now it's getting colder I don't want you to get sick," I warn him giving a gentle squeeze.

He looks at me a bit worried.

I start slowly climbing back down with Vik right behind me. As we get about 8 meters from the ground when Vik sticks to a branch.

I look back at him concerned. He shakes his head and looks up.

"Vik? You ok? We are almost down." I encourage him.

"Can't. Get. Down. Too. Scared." He speaks choppily slightly shaking.

I crawl back up to him and wrap my arms around him.

"Come on we are close to the bottom lets go home and get warm." I try to comfort him.

He buries his head into my shoulder. I think. How am I going to get him down.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and speed dial Rob. Two rings go past.

"Hey Robby can you bring a ladder to the tree?" I ask my good pal.

"Yes that tree," I blush.

"Thanks a ton," I speak into the phone smiling. I give Vik a gentle squeeze.

"Hey Rob is going to bring a ladder so you can get down. I'll stay with you till you get warm." I told him. He blushes and whispers a thanks as he gets closer to me.

I'd be surprised if he hasn't felt my heart beating so fast. He's so close to me and it makes me burst with joy.

Hope you enjoyed this one shot. I enjoyed writing it.