Not without you

This is made by silvvisin since she won she gets her story published here.

~Vik's Pov~
"Lachlan, we can't do this anymore! All we ever do is fight! I miss the old us. Please tell me what's going on!" I sigh, looking down at the ground.

"Vik, you don't get it, do you? I can't tell you what's going on because it'll hurt you!" The screaming continues... let's step back for a second.

My name is Lachlan and I'm very, very sick. You've just stepped into the regular scene of our nights. We fight constantly and I don't know how to fix it. I have to hide what happens during the day because I don't want my little Vikram to worry. Would you like to know why? Let's take a walk through memory lane, why don't we?

~Memory 1~

(6 Months Prior)

It's a brisk fall evening and I'm standing outside the doors of my doctor's office. I would go inside, but my cigarette is almost fully burnt. I know smoking is gonna kill me eventually, but I have years and years to fuck up, don't I? I drop the filter on the ground and stomp it out. The door into the office is heavy and opens slowly as I walk into the building. The receptionist smiles somewhat of a sad smile.

"Hey Mary, I'm here to check in for my appointment." She nods.

"Ok Lachlan, your appointment for 5:40 is all checked in! Please have a seat." I nod, flashing her a sexy smirk before walking back to the waiting area. I sit and open one of those magazines that they leave out on the tables. It's some boring article by a bitch who can't write, but who cares? I have some time— never mind. My name is called and I am told to enter another room down the hall. The room is full of health posters, some about joint pain, others about mammograms, and some about lung cancer. I scoff at how much attention they put into telling us not to smoke. Humans are gonna do whatever they please and no doctors are gonna keep us from it. I run my fingers through my hair, wanting to go out for another smoke. Within seconds of that thought, my doctor walks into the room.

"Hello Lachlan, how have you been doing lately?" He asks and I smile.

"I've been fine, feeling nearly normal. What about you?"

"I've been good. Now what are you here for?" He asks me.

"I was called to come discuss my recent X-rays of my ribs. You know, the ones from when I bruised my ribs." He looks down at the small chart and sighs.

"Oh yes, I forgot. Well, Lachlan, I'm not sure how to say this. But they found something else in the x-rays; your lungs have an odd shape to them that wasn't there before. We aren't quite sure what it is yet, but we'd like to run you through some more tests, so if you could come with me. We'll see what needs to be done."

-Skip to the end of his tests-

I'm sitting in the office, hoping that this is nothing serious. Flynn, my doctor, walks back into the room with a sour look on his face.

"Now Lachlan, I have your test results from the CT scan are back. I'm sorry Lachlan, but you have lung cancer."

-Time Skip-

I stumble into the door of mine and Vik's apartment. He sees me fall to the floor and cradles me in his arms.

"Lachlan, are you ok?! Sweetie, come here." He says, sitting by the door and holding me in his arms. He cradles me and kisses my forehead.

"I love you Vikky. Life wouldn't be the same, not without you."

~Memory 2~

(5 Months Prior)