The approaching storm

I stare at the sky, watching the rain fall. Watching the flashes of lighting, hearing the thunder.

The storms an adventure. He was the embodiment of one. His eyes were the visual representation. His actions as devastating as the beauty of the storms.

Leaving me broken, flooded wondering what happened.

He came slowly. Watching him in admiration at a fair distance. He made the first move. Coming in fast.

Staying with me, he brewed disaster.

The moment I met him I knew it from the start I would be left destroyed. But I was so ignorant and I ignored it, more concerned for him.

His eyes were the first thing I noticed. They were the color of a devastating storm. He's been through a tragedy but hides it so well.

Behind his bright smile I feel his pain. His smile was the lightning hitting me right where it counts.

The beauty of lightning. You can see it but you'll never know where it hits until it's too late.

His voice, his words, the story he told me. His tragic past shakes me as thunder should.

He left me. He left me like I was nothing. I look around and wonder if he really happened. Until I see the damage he has done.

He held me in his arms once. In the rain. The rain followed him bringing out his eyes. I could remember the tragic moment. The fog closes in what I could see. But that doesn't matter. All I could see was him. His hair was falling into his face. His beautifully formed face. His eyes reflected the rain. His eyes reflected the storm. His eyes flooded me.

The story he hides behind those stormy blue eyes. I could see straight through the happiness he tries to put in his eyes. Like contacts. When you look into someone's eyes you can see their contacts if you look carefully.

I could see his sadness behind his eyes. It's eating him alive but he still seems happy.

Like a natural disaster he was unpredictable. He had major mood swings. Each one hitting me in so many ways possible.

I loved him. Despite what he did to me I loved him. Despite all the destruction. He made me happy.

It was at a park we met. Of course it was raining. I remember being in his arms. All soaked and having him as my warmth.

Funny how it could all disappear so quickly. One day he's there the next he's gone.

He was like an approaching storm. I watched him come in from a distance. Observing his power. Then he hit. He devastated me and I couldn't do anything about it. Next minute he was gone. Everything around me was sunny like nothing ever happened. Here I was broken and beat from him.

The weight of the world bore down onto my chest. He filled my lungs, flooding them. I was left drowning.

Wallowing in misery. I smile. He left me beat. But I left him happy. That's the best I could do.

I stood up from the ground and left the place where he took his last breathe, the park, also where we met, and left to go to his resting place.

Kneeling onto his grave I can't help but be flooded by memories of him. Everything reminds me of him and his touch.

I remember we would spend hours on my bed. We could be watching tv, playing video games, or just laying there. Together and entwined. I can't do that anymore. I can't be by his comforting touch. It's all gone.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and set down another set of flowers.

"I still haven't forgotten you," I start softly wiping away the rapid tears spilling from my eyes.
"Same old same old," my voice cracks.
"It's still barely bearable. Everything is still numb. You beat me and I can't feel anymore." I sob and lay my head onto the grave.
Taking a shaky breath I continue, "I guess it's better than feeling everything. You know I was mad at you and I hated you. I hated you for leaving me and making me hate you. But I can't hate you I love you. And I don't care what you did you cant change my opinion. I love you. I was so sad though. So sad." I cry to him.

"I was also happy and accepting. At least I tried to be. I was happy that you were happy but I was upset for you leaving me. And the cycle continued." I make a futile attempt to clean my face with my sleeves.

"But now everything's numb. Going through the motions. It's all the same. But something changed." I told him. Smiling.

"I'll see you soon Lachlan," with that I got into my car and went back to the park. To redid what he did. To join him.

Bang. Sirens. Darkness.

"Vik you are a fucking idiot," it was him. I ran towards him and into his arms.

Hello again hope you all enjoyed this. Sorry if it's the same old death kind of thing. I'm on a low and it's not too good. But I hope you enjoyed.