Lachlan is in the Army Part 2 Ending 2

~Vik's Pov~

He's coming home. He's coming home. He's coming home. I could not think how much more happy I could possibly be. He's safe and he's coming back home.

Grinesa and I decorate the whole house.

Now we are having a lunch break and I want her to try the rice and vegetable stir I made.

"Baby can you just try a spoonful." I whine at her. She sits in her chair arms folded across her chest. She huffs and shakes her head as I try to bring the spoon to her mouth. "Please. I cooked it and don't you smell it. It smells so yummy." She looks at me with a look that says 'really dad'.

I hear a huff behind me and I she Lachlan leaning on the door. He looks at me sympathetically as I try to feed our child. Grinesa grabs a hold of my wrist and I pry my eyes away from Lachlan and look at our sweet child.

She looks at me with innocent eyes and stuffed cheeks. She chews a bit and speaks. "Ok I finished can we finish decorating now." Bits of rice come out of her stuffed mouth and I look at her surprised. I turn back to where Lachlan was.

He's gone. It was another vision. They started happening when I learned he's coming back. They always give me half a heart attack but they really don't mean much.

I look back at my daughter and mechanically gather the dishes. She hops off her chair and heads over to the box full of "welcome home" decorations.

I wash the dishes and stare off into space. I don't feel in my body, I feel like I'm watching myself. I watch myself smiling with Grinesa, I watch myself picking her up to hang the decorations higher. I watch as we get the house near and the table set for tomorrow. I watch as we lay on the couch watching frozen. I watch as we fall asleep halfway through, exhausted from all the work.

I fall into a sleep only to wake up soon after. Somehow it's already morning I can tell from the light filling in the house. Grinesa isn't with me. I sit up on the couch confused. It takes a few seconds to realize Lachlan was coming home soon. Checking the clock, He's coming in 10 minuets. I slowly sit up and stretch feeling sore from sleeping on the couch.

Military officials greet me with stern looks. I invite them into my house with a polite nod. They march in uniformly. My heart thuds heavily in my chest. A black coffin with the Australian flag tucked over it is carried into my living room. The soldiers that carried it in bow their head at me.

"I'm sorry Vikram, Lachlan Power was shot in action and his final wish was to arrive to you first." The official explained with a monotone voice. My heart drops. Lachlan's heart is no longer beating. I no longer have a husband.

My legs no longer support me as I fall to my knees and clutch the coffin. Looking up at the soldiers they all have a stone hard expression.

A/N Ah yes the long awaited second ending that I never finished. It was going to end up being a dream and Lachlan ended up surprising Vik and everything was going to be super adorable and fluffy but yeah I got stuck here and never found any reason to continue.