Vikram

~Vik's Pov~

His eyes where and approaching storm. His voice cutting like the lightning. He makes me shake in the aftermath just like thunder.

"Vikram," he would say. Calling me from the void. Only he could say it, only him.

No one else. It was absolutely forbidden and they knew it. I made my point clear and they obeyed.

"Vik," that's what I hear from them. That's what I want to hear from them.

"Vik," I would get texts from them and that's what I wanted to see.

"Vikram," the voice I heard so often. The only voice I could ever want, saying the only thing I want to hear. Only him. Only the storm.

No one else had the effect. No one. Nor could they muster the effect, same accent or not.

"Vikkram," what I heard from someone I hate. Someone part of the past. They left me. Beaten and bruised. Broken and sore. That made me snap. They bent me. They destroyed me.

"Vikram," what I heard from the one who fixed me. Who built me up once more. What I heard from the one that saved me.

The stormy eyes cleared my life. It was not enough. It's better this way. Just let me leave. The storm. Is finally over.

~Lachlan's Pov~
I scream his name, hoping for him to hear me. I call for him. I'm the only person he allows me to call him.

Vikram, come back. You left me for this death like sleep. I saved you but you died. You're alive but not. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME.

He abandoned me after I helped him. He helped me. We helped each other. But he still left. Slipping away like water. Fluid, moving.

He pushed me in ways I never thought other people could do to me.

We spilt our secrets to each other in the dark pits of the starless night. He spoke to me to where I felt his words flow over me.

I saved him. I was the one thing he needed. But it wasn't enough.

If I was enough he wouldn't be in the hospital. If I was enough he wouldn't be in a coma. If I was enough he would've never attempted suicide. If I was enough the nurses wouldn't be working on taking him off life support.

But I wasn't enough.

I was enough for him to trust me. He trusted me with something he didn't trust himself with. His life. I took care of him. I was the help he needed. It was I that listened to him. It was I that made him forgive.

Vikkram, was a poor soul. So beautiful, so perfect. His father never saw that from him. When he came out, his father didn't take it too well. He beat Vikram into oblivion.

Despite being deformed I helped him see how beautiful he was. He was broken but his soul was brighter than the sun. He was the light that only saw darkness. I showed him what he showed me and that was the light.

Vikkram only saw his father for years. Always hearing his name like a curse. Once he was found he swore to himself he never wanted to hear it again.

I met him in the mental hospital. He was my patient, falling in love with him wasn't right. But it saved him. He's gone now.

I explored the darkest part of his mind and showed him how bright he actually is. I spent countless hours with him. Talking. Thinking.

We learned about each other. Had benefits amongst eachother our friends missed out in. Little things impacted him tremendously.

He found me dangerous but learned that I was his aid.

In this hospital room the only thing that can save him is himself. I can't help him now. He's plunged into a darkness I can't reach.

I found him. He had a history of taking long baths. He took exactly 2 hours sitting in the bath. His father had always tried to drown him in the bath. Always spent 2 hours trying. That didn't scare Vikkram. It made him love it. The water was his escape. The burning in his lungs never bothered him. The water filling his stomach didn't phase him. He loved the water. He found beauty in it.

I couldn't take that away from him. That didn't mean I'd leave him alone. Living together we set rules that we had to watch out for. When he took two hour long baths he had to keep the door unlocked and I always had to be in the house. When he was feeling one of the lows I had to always be with him.

He was on his lows and didn't call me. He took a bath and locked the door. I was just running errands to get him some treats. He told me he was craving something that had an hour wait and was half an hour away. Of course he sent me out during rush our but how could I say no to the little Vikram.

I left him and when I came back I didn't get an answer. He always answered. Immediately I knew something was wrong.

Finding him in the bathroom was a pain. I couldn't think. Couldn't breathe. Couldn't save him. He loved. Barely. Stuck in a coma. Stuck in the hospital.

I spent three years with him. Screaming his name. The only person he would hear it from. The last thing he heard as the nurses took him off. The long beep of the heart monitor echoed through the room and that blew it for me.

I had to get back to him. Get back to my Vikram.

Vikram.

The last thought in my head as the world swirled to an end from the impact of a semitruck.

Vikram. The first thing I saw as I joined him in safety.

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this it was inspired by the splitting of the mind it's a Ferard fic that is really good so check it out if you're into Mcr. <3