Chapter 4: The Sorting Hat

Disclaimer: I do Not own Harry Potter

Chapter 4: The Sorting Hat

-your PoV-

We arrived at the Hogsmeade Station in the early evening. Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and I hopped off the train after a older student opened the door for us. When I got off I saw Hagrid holding a lantern at one end of the station.

"Ello Harry. (y/n)."

"Hello Hagrid."

"Hello."

Draco tugged on my robe to get my attention.

"You know this guy (y/n)."

I turn to Draco.

"Yeah his name is Hagrid. He was the one to give Harry and I our letters to Hogwarts since every time an owl delivered our letters our muggel uncle would burn them or get rid of them before we could read it."

Draco looked at me confused about what I said. I sigh.

"It's a long story. I'll tell you more about my experience with muggels later."

Draco nods at my response. Hagrid then told all first years to follow him. So Draco and I began to follow behind a few other students. We arrived at a harbor where a bunch of boats were waiting for us. Judging by the size of the boats four to five people were suppose to fit in each boat. Naturally Draco and I were in the same boat with Crabbe and Goyle. Draco told Crabbe to hold the light that was in our boat so that we can see. After everyone was in a boat we started to move along the lake. After a few minutes we saw a large castle. We docked at the harbor of the giant castle. We then were led through a courtyard and hallways to a flight of stairs. Atop the stairs was a woman with a green robe, glasses, and a pointed hat.

"Good evening. Welcome to Hogwarts. In a few moments you will join the rest of your classmates. But first you need to be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Huffelpuff, and Slytherin." The woman says. When she says Slytherin Draco turns to me and smiles and I smile back.

"Now while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points; any rule breaking and you will lose points. Now I am going to see if they are ready for you."

The woman then goes through one of the large double doors. I saw a glimpse of the inside and I saw that it was a great hall as well as a couple of tables.

While we were waiting for the woman to come back we started to talk to each other. I heard Harry and Ron talk about which house Harry would like to be in.

"Well Harry which house would you like to be in?"

"I don't really care. I don't know much about each house."

I stopped listening to their conversation after some point but I did hear how Harry didn't want to be in Slytherin for some reason. I shook my head at my brother. He really shouldn't believe everything that people say.

"Why are you shaking your head (y/n)? Does it have something to do with Potter and Weasley?" Draco asked me when he saw that I was shaking my head.

"Huh? Yeah. Harry was just saying how he didn't want to be in Slytherin because Weasley said something to him. I find that really stupid that's all."

Draco shakes his head as well.

"Don't worry about Potter, (y/n). You might be his sister but you obviously are different than him. Besides you heard what he said on the train. He doesn't need help."

I nod in agreement.

Then the woman came back from the other room. She cleared her throat to get all of our attention.