Chapter 24: A Hippogriff

(a/n)- Okay time for the second day of Christmas. On the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me two chocolate frogs. Hope you guys enjoy. Also if you didn't read the (a/n) on the bottom of the last chapter it said "On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me a wand from an elder tree." One last thing, since I am trying to update every day while still being busy these chapters will be a lot shorter than usual so I apologize in advanced. Anyways on with the story. 

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Harry Potter or any of its characters. If I did well this fanfic wouldn't be here.  

Chapter 24: A Hippogriff 

-you pov- 

Draco and I were walking when we heard Hagrid say "Firs' thing yeh'll want to do is open yer books-"

Draco then interrupted and said "How?"

"eh?" 

"How do we open them?" Draco repeated while raising his book that was closed shut with rope. Everyone else in the class raised their books as well that were bound so they couldn't attack them. 

"Hasn'- Hasn' anyone bin able ter open their books?" Hagrid asked. 

I took out my book and stroked its spine and said

"I have." 

"Well now I see one of ye hav' been able ter open their book. Good job Ms. Potter." 

I rolled my eyes and said

"The only reason I found out how was because it was trying to bite my hand off when I opened it and I happened to stoke its spine when trying to get it under control." 

"Oh yes how silly of us. We have to stoke it. Why didn't that come to mind." Draco said clearly annoyed and angered. 

"I- I thought it be funny." Hagrid said sadly while looking over towards Hermione. 

"Tremendously funny. Yeah a real laugh giving us a books that can take our hand off." 

Hagrid then was looking down. 

"Shut it Malfoy." Harry said. 

"Oi Potter why don't you leave Draco alone. He is just saying what some of us are thinking. Unlike you I am sure a lot of people here didn't enjoy that this book has attacked us." I said quickly defending Draco. 

I could see Draco smirking by the corner of my eye. Draco and I knew that Harry really hated that I would defend Draco before him. Hagrid then said something about getting the magical creature and left. I was still staring down Harry when Draco decided to push more of Harry's buttons. 

"God, this place is going to the dogs. That oaf teaching classes, wait til my father hears about this."

"SHUT IT MALFOY!" Harry yelled at Draco. 

Draco then walked towards Harry and said "Oh yeah Potter what are you going to do about it." 

Harry was about to retort when I Draco pretended to be scared and he yelled "De-Dementor!" 

Harry immediately turned around and had a scared look on his face but when he saw that Draco was lying he turn back towards us. Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy and I all took our robe's hoods and placed it over out heads and were saying "oooohhh." While waving our fingers in front of us like we were dementors. 

The golden trio were to say the least annoyed with us. Hermione then took Harry's shoulder and turn him away from Draco and I as we laughed at him. 

"Good one Draco." 

"Thank you (y/n)." 

Hagrid then came back and with him he brought a Hippogriff that looked terrifying.  Hagrid then asked for a volunteer to demonstrate how to approach a Hippogriff.  Everyone stepped back except for Harry since he didn't realize that every stepped back.