Chapter 14: The Chamber is open

Disclaimer- I do NOT own Harry Potter or any of its characters

Chapter 14: The Chamber is open

-3rd person pov- 

It has been a few days since you slapped Harry and you were avoiding being near him this whole time. You were currently with Draco in the great hall playing a game of chess. 

"Knight to e5." Draco said. 

You over looked the bored. You noticed that the move Draco moved would allow you to win the game with your queen since your castle was at a7 and Draco's king can't move out of the way now. 

"Queen to e5. And that's checkmate Draco." 

Draco looked at the bored and sighed. 

"You will never let me win at chess will you?"

You were smiling at Draco and said

"Nope. I won't let you win unless you earn it." You then jumped over the table and gave him a kiss on the cheek and said

"But you are getting better so don't worry about it."

Draco smiled back at you and kissed you on the cheek as well. Then he pulled out a present from his robes. It was a small green box with a silver ribbon on it. He then handed it to you and said.

"I know we already celebrated your birthday before coming to school but your present from me took a little time to make so I didn't get it until today."

You were surprised that Draco was giving you another present. You got two presents on your birthday. One from Mr. Malfoy which was a slytherin ring. And another one form Mrs. Malfoy which was a pair of spider earrings like hers. Now you were getting another present but this time from Draco. You take the box from Draco and opened it. Inside was a beautiful snake necklace where the snake was coiled around a gem. You had tears in you eyes and hugged Draco tightly. Draco hugged back and then said

"Here watch what happens when I put it on you." 

Draco then took the necklace out of the box and the gem stared to glow slightly. He then placed the necklace around your neck and the gem kept a faint glow.

"A love necklace Draco?" 

Draco nodded and said

"Yep. Had to get this custom made so that the snake would be coiled around it. This shows that no matter what I love you." 

You were crying by now and kissed Draco as a thank you. 

"This is the best birthday present I could ask for. Thank you Draco and I love you too." 

You and Draco then spent the majority of the night in the great hall reading a book that you got from the library together. You then started to hear a voice. 

"Come ... come to me ... Let me rip you ... Let me tear you ... Let me kill you ... "

 You were confused as to what that voice was and why it was saying that it wanted to kill. 

"Draco did you hear that voice just now? The one that sounded bone chilling and laced with venom?" You asked Draco. 

Draco gave you a weird look and said

"What are you talking about (y/n)? I didn't hear a voice. You might be getting tired."

You shook your head and said

"I'm not tired Draco. If you can't hear it may be its a snake that is close by and is hunting. I mean after all I am a Parselmouth. Kind of. I can't speak it but I can understand it."