Chapter 34: Prelude to the Quidditch World Cup

(a/n)- oof two updates in a year?! Its a Christmas miracle. All joking aside I have actually found the time and the desire to right fanfiction again. Shamless plug time I am writing a naruto reader insert where the reader doesnt have a pairing as of yet I got one part done already. But I am not publishing it until I finish at least 3 parts.  Also I am trying to write the entire story in a gender neutral perspective so everyone can read it. I also have plans to write a my hero academia/ boku no hero academia fanfic but that's still up in the air. YES I AM A WEEB! Anyways hopefully you enjoy this chapter! 

-chapter 34: Prelude to the Quidditch World Cup- 

-(y/n) pov-

I woke up with a start. Breathing heavily. I couldn't remember what I was dreaming about other than a flash of green light. I felt a headache coming on so I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. 

Once inside the bathroom I turned on the lights and sink. Splashing some cold water on my face seemed to help for now. After a few seconds of just letting the water run and standing in silence I turned off the sink and started walking back to the bed. I looked out the window and saw that it was still dark outside so I knew it had to be really early in the morning. Sighing I walked towards a small bookshelf across from the bed and looked through some of the books. I picked up Flying with the Cannons and brought it back with me to bed. I could hear faint snoring coming from the room next to mine. I guess Draco is still asleep. Sighing I began to read the book on Quidditch. After a few chapters I started to see the sun rise. Whoops. 

I heard some shifting in Draco's room. He was probably waking up then. Then I heard a loud thump. Followed by groaning. I laughed a bit before walking out of my room and knocking on Draco's door, without waiting for a response I opened the door. I couldn't help but snicker at the scene in front of me. 

Draco Malfoy tangled up in a blanket on the floor. 

"Seems someone woke up rolling off the bed." I said smugly crossing my arms and leaning on the wall. 

Draco groaned before untangling himself from his sheets. 

"Shut up (y/n). I didn't realize how close I was to the edge of my bed and the sun light straight to my eyes was annoying. " 

"And you fell off you bed like an idiot." I then began to laugh again. 

"Yeah, yeah laugh it up. I love being laughed at first thing in the morning." 

"Draco honey are you alright I heard a loud bang from down stairs." Narcissa said while walking into Draco's room. 

"He's alright. He just decided to roll out of bed. Literally." I said while still looking at Draco who was now standing dusting imaginary dust off his pajama pants.

Narcissa gave both of us a smile. 

"Well since both of you are awake now why don't you come downstairs for breakfast. It seems like Lucius has something to tell the both of you." 

"Okay we'll be down in a little bit. " Draco said. 

Narcissa then walked out of the room, probably back downstairs to the dining room. Draco then walked up to me and hugged me while putting his head on top of mine.  

"Sleep well (y/n)?"

"Mostly. Until I woke up panting. Must have had a nightmare." I said returning the hug and rubbing my head against Draco's chest. Apparently Draco decided to grow quite a bit over the summer. I mean he was already taller than me but now he was starting to really gain more height on me. It only irked me a little bit. Okay it irked me a lot.  (a/n- if you're not short then you are short now. If I have to deal with people making short jokes so do you.)