Alegria

Time skip ~~ brought to you by Gamzee's Slime Pie (Homestuck reference) 

Iduna's POV

M-marriage...? What is thinking? Even if I get remarried, I can't. Death has already parted me...

Before I had given my final answer, knocking was heard at the door. With the master of the guild allowing entrance, he went back to his throne with a hint of annoyance. He smiled and asked me to stand next to him. Reluctantly, I did.

Our guest was none other than Kyouka-san. She arrived in the throne room with a rather shameful look. Nonetheless, she bowed to him. Master Mard Geer sat in his throne with his legs crossed and his jaw gently resting on his right hand.

"Mard Geer. King of the Underworld. The enemy is stronger than we projected. The Face project failed, while Ezel and Flanmalth have fallen." she announces.

"Seira and Hell's Core, as well." he adds. Her ocean blue eyes widen as well as mine.

"What...?" she questions. I'm in the same boat as Kyouka-san. Even I didn't know about this. Kyouka-san recomposes herself, placing her head down and her eyes close. "Then we must awaken the master."

"We can't do that." he answers. Kyouka-san lifts her head up with a surprise expression written on her face. I, too, wish for an explanation. "We don't have enough curse power to revive the master. We can't bring him back unless we eradicate magic."

"The Face project would've done that, but it failed."

"You can't see it, can you?" Kyouka-san was taken back a bit. "You can't see the big picture, Kyouka. That was merely a point."

"A point?" Master Mard Geer slowly moves his right leg up and down.

"No more than one point. Mard Geer is a brilliant tactician. Seen in the grand scheme of things, even the destruction of Face is just one point. That is not a problem. Soon, all the magic in the world will be gone."

"I don't understand..."

"Kyouka, what are we?"

"Demons of the Books of Zeref: The Etherious."

"What is our purpose?"

"To revive Master END and return to Zeref."

"What are humans?"

"Lifeforms lower than insects." Master Mard Geer's smile widens a bit. A sound appears in the room. Kyouka-san looks to see green thorn whips appearing slowly. They came out in a flash as they restrain her. She gasps in pain as one of the green vine whips were choking her. I see Master Mard Geer with his smile intact.

"Mard Geer-sama! What are you...?!" Kyouka-san continues to choke.

"You captured a human and played with it."

"That was to get information about Face..." she continues to choke. "Besides, Iduna used to be a human. Why are you giving her special treatment?"

"You are too fond of humans." Master Mard Geer responds. Kyouka squirms at the pain she's feeling. "And it's true Lady Iduna used be a filthy insect." I glared at me. He gestured me to calm down. "However, she has been revived into a wonderful demon. Isn't that why you turned someone into one of us?"

"I swear that isn't true..." The vine whips are practically squeezing her to death. Half of her mask started to crack. It slowly crumbles to show half of her face. Her green hair is sticking out.